Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HEPA Air filter for everyone...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the post, that gives me hope! I've been tempted daily to tweet Elon to ask but figure he has better things to worry about. I'm still checking like every other day for itt o show up. Will post here if it does, and of course order immediately...

You mean order first and then post. :D

I think everyone deserves access to the hepa and I hope the cynic in me is wrong where I think it was taken off so PUP sales aren't blocked.

Add a HUD to the PUP that will ensure that option gets picked up. :)

Well I asked about this during my last service visit and brought along an aftermarket filter I picked up on eBay - in case the OEM was out of stock. They wouldn't touch the aftermarket filter with a 10-ft pole, but said will ask about the retrofit with an OEM part. Lo and behold, later I was told that "engineering" said it's a firm "no" at this time even though it was available in the past. Wish I pulled the trigger while it was briefly available on the site... before it went out of stock.

Well I asked about this during my last service visit and brought along an aftermarket filter I picked up on eBay - in case the OEM was out of stock. They wouldn't touch the aftermarket filter with a 10-ft pole, but said will ask about the retrofit with an OEM part. Lo and behold, later I was told that "engineering" said it's a firm "no" at this time even though it was available in the past. Wish I pulled the trigger while it was briefly available on the site... before it went out of stock.

There is a thread on the Model S side where those owners are having better luck. I am going to call my SC and just ask for the OEM part with plan to install myself. Alternatively, I am going to buy a filter from FilterBuy and install it myself. They have a MERV13 filter which I guess isn't quite HEPA but seems quite good, and can make custom size for model x (will need to confirm but another owner said 12" x 40.25" x 1") for about $33 shipped. The other owner used double-sided tape to secure it. Anyone who got the retrofit know if there was some sort of housing the filter came in that can be installed as a whole piece, or do they just glue the filter in place?

There is a thread on the Model S side where those owners are having better luck. I am going to call my SC and just ask for the OEM part with plan to install myself. Alternatively, I am going to buy a filter from FilterBuy and install it myself. They have a MERV13 filter which I guess isn't quite HEPA but seems quite good, and can make custom size for model x (will need to confirm but another owner said 12" x 40.25" x 1") for about $33 shipped. The other owner used double-sided tape to secure it. Anyone who got the retrofit know if there was some sort of housing the filter came in that can be installed as a whole piece, or do they just glue the filter in place?

Can anyone confirm the model X filter is 12" x 40.25" x 1" ?? Thanks.

Don't ask the Service Department. You need to ask the Parts Department and order the part directly. It's a super simple install.

I'd love to understand this better. My SC told me air only goes through the HEPA filter when Biomode is on. Since the high fan setting is far from silent, I'd be happy to know that with the HEPA installed, all incoming air goes through it.

I think most people here think it does. Several members have reported improvement from smells and things like that from areas that typically smell terrible when they drive by after installation of the filter. My SC told me non-pup cars don't have the right ducts for this, but given how do many SCs install these for other customers this just can't be true. So I bought the filter and installed myself... I'll open things up in a couple more the to see how things look. There was another member who put in a 3rd party filter and it tore in a seam, so I'm guessing some air flow through the filter has to be th cause of that?