TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HEPA Filter Location?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by BrettH, May 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. BrettH

BrettH Member

I tried locating my HEPA filter, but I didn't have any luck finding it. I read somewhere that it should be in the frunk area, but I looked under the plastic cover behind the frunk, and didn't see it. Can someone please post a photo of the HEPA filter/location in their Model X? Thanks in advance!

2. Nismode

Nismode Member

Its a non serviceable item, that's probably why it's hard to find lol. And it only comes in vehicles equipped w/the Premium Upgrades Package as far as I know. It's deep in there though.

• Informative x 1
  3. hill

hill Active Member

I'm guessing the OP was possibly looking for illustrations / exploded view, rather than something along the lines of, "it ain't easy to see".
    ;)

• Funny x 1
  4. CTemp222

CTemp222 Member

I thought they said it would be replaced at your annual checkup?

5. BrettH

BrettH Member

Ok, that kind of answers my question. I was mostly confused because I expected it to be visible from under the plastic cover in the frunk. If it's way down in there and not visible then that makes sense why I didn't see it even though I have the premium upgrade package. It does stink if we can't replace it ourselves. I bet Tesla is going to charge a lot of it, whereas a 3rd party filter maker could potentially create a generic one at a much lower cost.

• Like x 2
  6. bensch

bensch Member

Has anyone been able to find the HEPA filter? Do you think it would be possible to add to a non-PUP Model X. I can't find justification to add the PUP package when I only want the HEPA filter (don't need the bio defense mode).