TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HEPA Filter Replacement Cost

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Austin Powers, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Austin Powers

Austin Powers Member

I'm planning to add Premium Package to my 60 but I'm a little concerned about the HEPA filter replacement cost. Service plans breakdown indicates that filter replacement is included but does that include the HEPA filter too?

upload_2016-7-10_1-55-3.png

2. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

I asked the same question at my local service center. The cabin filter is not the same thing as the HEPA filter and the HEPA filter is unlikely to ever needed to be changed as long as the cabin filter is serviced properly.

3. Frankman60

Frankman60 Member

My vacuum cleaner and air purifier at home has a replaceable HEPA filter, in conjunction with another "first line" filter that is cleanable or replaceable. The instructions say that as long as the first line filter (e.g. cabin filter) is maintained properly, the HEPA filter will last for years. But eventually it will need to be replaced. My guess is that the MS HEPA filter will need to be replaced at some point, but I haven't seen any information about this. When I receive my MS in a few weeks it will have the HEPA filter so I was also concerned about how often it would need to be replaced.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Tesla must have a part number and a price for the HEPA filter. Has anyone called their Service Center to inquire about the price?

• Like x 1