Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HEPA filter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Tesla Model S & X are fitted with both pollen filters and HEPA filter (High efficiency particulate air),. or is the HEPA filter an additional item that one can get as an optional extra? aside from the above, are they changed at teh same fequency as one another, i.e. at the 12,500 mile service or otherwise?

Regards

I assume your a new buyer of a Model S or X and have no info. Not unusual if thats the case. Checklist attached for 4 years of service and repeats every four years. There is a cabin filter replaced I think per the list at 2years or 25k miles along with desiccant bag for AC moisture.

At the bottom of check list-After three years or 37.5k miles and your not living in China, the HEPA Filter under the Frunk gets replaced. Its very large, some smaller houses AC filter are not that large, thats how large it is. This HEPA filter is part of a much larger option in Model S or X per ordering the Upgraded Interior, along with a bevy of other items in the upgrade.

Search internet Tesla HEPA FILTER PIC, you will see images of Elon Musk holding the filter next to a white MX. Tesla is very serious about filtration via Bio-weapon Defense mode.

Check the list out for other questions you may have.

There are a lot of facts and not so factual items thrown around everywhere ie (Tesla not changing oil in gear box any longer at 12,500 miles). I have been told that is not true, if it has ever happened it perhaps is due to an oversight, or your asking the wrong person more then likely. My service center charges for it and more if you have Dual Motor. At some point you must put trust its getting done.

The checklist is the checklist. I am told nothing has changed and see no reason why anything would change.

Attachments

• Sevice Interval check sheet1.pdf
    214.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
That's great, thank you so much for the information

So were there any differences on the earlier schedules if you purchased before Feb 2nd 17, I'm guessing so, as it mentions that there is another schedule to refer to on the schedule that you sent me, SC-15- 00-001.

Do you know the differences at all? I'm wondering what the changes were that were implemented to those who purchased a Maintenance Plan on or after February 2, 2017 and for customers who purchased a Maintenance Plan before February 2, 2017? was it a better deal or did it refer to a face-lift or something similar.

Many thanks again for your kind assistance, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Mark

From what I understand they added alignment to 25k service mandatory. Its a $210 just off the bat if you walk in request align A la carte. My car is 2016, I never saw another schedule. Also, at the time my service center did not offer service plans. Its not that much different anyway. Things happen to people and cars through time. I would not sweat that.

SO. I was really ok, no offering of service plan back then. When your buying a car at this level, really a little extra here and there is not a big deal. They have thrown in so much throughout time ie have checked and adjusted alignment gratis at 12,500 miles, replaced little things etc gratis, I just go along with the program and believe it or not its just easier. Great loaners that make the experience just that much better. Thats me though, it just works staying in communication with Tesla and the service staff. I know them well and they all aim to please really. Its a family, like no other in the auto industry.

If it's good, it's great and this is real good I feel. Now I am 2 miles from SC so that is also a plus.

Last edited: