TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Here At Last

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by caddieo, Jul 19, 2013.

1. caddieo

caddieo Member

It's been a long haul but the ending is sweet. After wifey's repeated vetoes of a plan to get a new A8 throughout all of 2012, she and I stumbled upon the Old Orchard Tesla store north of Chicago. Boy did she change her tune. Deposit made December 2012, but multiple travels in the US and abroad kept me from finalizing and giving the build order as I did not have big enough windows between trips to feel confident about my ability to complete paperwork, pay and accept delivery. Needless to say I had to bite the bullet on the price increase. Knowing that the whole month of July was free of other commitments, I finally said yes to another reminder from Tesla and finalized on 5/20/13 while abroad (Thank you, iPad). Many words have been expressed in this Forum on the bittersweet emotions of waiting and the subsequent joy on arrival so I will not try to go them one better. Instead I'll just attach this picture and let it speak for itself.
    DSCN9100.jpg

2. brianstorms

brianstorms Member

3. SUN-day Driver

Awesome! Welcome to the community of happy Model S owners.

4. JerryNycom

JerryNycom Member

Congrats! You have the "tesla grin"!!!

5. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Good for you!
    Wait until you actually drive your new MS for a while, then you will really be smiling.

6. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

Congrats! Nice picture.

7. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Congrats. You're gonna LOVE the car. 4 months later I'm still making excuses to go for a drive!