Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here is a cooler that fits inside...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to road trip and I like snacks. With a family of four the interior room is at a premium. I found this soft sided cooler that fits in the back footwell below the rear vents. I can’t speak to how long it keeps ice, yet. I have Tesla Model 3 money not Yeti cooler money.

8C0050F3-DA44-4011-B7B0-12089971545B.jpeg

CANWAY Cooler Bag 40-Can Large,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FNYVH9H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

OP I laughed out loud at "I have tesla model 3 money, not yeti cooler money" :D

I got a yeti coffee mug as a gift not too long ago, and really love it. Just a few days ago in fact, I went to the yeti website to look to get another one, happened on the coolers, thought "oh cool they make coolers, I wonder how much they.... OH MY GAWD!!!!"

I got a yeti coffee mug as a gift not too long ago, and really love it. Just a few days ago in fact, I went to the yeti website to look to get another one, happened on the coolers, thought "oh cool they make coolers, I wonder how much they.... OH MY GAWD!!!!"
Their products are overpriced for what they are. On a yacht trip one summer a very expensive YETI cooler had an issues with the lid hinges - they broke. Normal use, no abuse. IMO the quality is not there. I'll stick with Coleman or similar products.

Attn: Yeti defense inbound:p

I started using Yeti a couple years after they started up. I know they are all the rage now with the tumblers and the overpriced everything, but we use the Tundra coolers. A group of guys I know would do a hunting camp up in NW Montana. Would take the giant Tundras and fill them with the second and third week of food. Bring it into a walk in freezer. Freeze everything and then throw it in the truck. No refrigeration for 3 weeks. Staggered fresh, frozen, then block frozen.

Owner of a Tundra 45, 65, 105 and soft sides. I use them almost every day for good portions of the year allowing me to bypass refrigeration for weeks at a time. I suggest those that throw stones or call them overpriced go use the Coleman or Igloo everyday for 3 or 4 years. You will have bought 3 or 4 colemans and had poor refrigeration. Unfortunately most Yeti's have become garage queens that are for show, and look at what I have that I never use. Which is a shame. If you see coolers with scars they have stories. Good ones.

Things do break. Even high priced brands with good quality control. Then some awesome brands have horrible QC things break as well. :cool:

In regards to the bag for the OP. I like the access. Just worry about bending off the USB's, We use the frunk for our soft side Yeti. Not easy access, but don't often eat in the car.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Attn: Yeti defense inbound:p

I started using Yeti a couple years after they started up. I know they are all the rage now with the tumblers and the overpriced everything, but we use the Tundra coolers. A group of guys I know would do a hunting camp up in NW Montana. Would take the giant Tundras and fill them with the second and third week of food. Bring it into a walk in freezer. Freeze everything and then throw it in the truck. No refrigeration for 3 weeks. Staggered fresh, frozen, then block frozen.

Owner of a Tundra 45, 65, 105 and soft sides. I use them almost every day for good portions of the year allowing me to bypass refrigeration for weeks at a time. I suggest those that throw stones or call them overpriced go use the Coleman or Igloo everyday for 3 or 4 years. You will have bought 3 or 4 colemans and had poor refrigeration. Unfortunately most Yeti's have become garage queens that are for show, and look at what I have that I never use. Which is a shame. If you see coolers with scars they have stories. Good ones.

Things do break. Even high priced brands with good quality control. Then some awesome brands have horrible QC things break as well. :cool:

In regards to the bag for the OP. I like the access. Just worry about bending off the USB's, We use the frunk for our soft side Yeti. Not easy access, but don't often eat in the car.

I know its off topic, but nice review! As I mentioned, I got a yeti coffee mug as a gift. I have had other coffee mugs like this, but this one outperforms them by a lot. I stopped using all other coffee mugs at home, regular or travel mugs. This one is that much better. I do drink that much coffee (or hot beverages, tea, hot chocolate, etc), and I have even enjoyed an evening cocktail in my yeti coffee mug (with a large iceball).

Speaking of coffee mugs: While expensive, the Ember mugs are worth it!

Have to jump in on this thread. We are a new featured vendor on TMC and launching a premium hard cooler for the M3 trunk well. Made in the US and created by a fellow Tesla owner. Feel free to check it out. It’s an option to avoid taking up rear cabin space or regular coolers sliding around the trunk. 20% pre-order pricing