Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here is how you clean white Tesla Seats...Best way!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have white seats in my Model S and I have been cleaning my white seats by following this method and it works 100% of the time and is safe...no issues and no harm...your leather seats (not sure if its really pure leather) will stay the same and stay clean.

My Seats stays very clean and never had any issues..till this day i get complements on how clean my car is specially every-time I take it to the dealership they tell me my car is like new......i saw a few posts people asking about the best way so thought about recording a video and sharing it with you all.

I clean it this way every 2-3 months and it keeps it clean and keeps the dirt off. you can see towards the end of the video how dirty the water gets even after wiping it.

hope this video helps you guys keeping your teslas clean..

Forum posts don't get you those likes and subscribes, dawg!

hahahaha..... na its not about like or subscribes.....youtube pays you well regardless as long as you stay active but here genuinely wanted to share the information that been working good for me...haters will hate but it works....now if you have white seats with heavy stains then yes you have to go with something much tougher like orange degreaser to get it out but keep in mind it may dry out the seat if not properly cleaned....this method is mainly for maintaining your seats with light stains.

• Informative
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
Stupid video.

Cliffs: dawn dish soap and water and scrub with a towel

I can confirm this is not the best. I've tried it and stain remain. The best is to use orange degreaser.

Orange degreaser is a LAST resort.

From the Chemical Guys website:

Use This To:

• Remove years of built-up grime and gunk
  • Restore original black look to tires
  • Remove heavy dirt from off-road and 4x4 vehicles
  • Cleaning suspension and differential parts
  • Mop your filthy shop or garage floor
Versatile in Any Situation

Orange Degreaser is blended with powerful citrus extracts and hyper surfactants to easily cut through and separate grease and oil from any surface. The specialty formula easily cleans motor oil, coolant, hydraulic fluid, or diesel fuel from engines. Remove caked-on mud, grease, and road grime from wheels, suspension components, and undercarriage parts. The uses are endless!

Does this really sound like something you want to use on your seats? Even diluted?

Try this. It's gotten off even stubborn denim dye transfer and leather belt transfer. And it's actually made for artificial leather cleaning. Not wheel bearings and garage floors.

Strong Cleaner for vinyl or faux leather 150ml | COLOURLOCK | Colourlock Leather Repair

Reactions: pilotSteve
Fixed that for you

Anyway, I appreciate people sharing their secrets or techniques, but this was quite obviously being withheld in the title and post so we would click on the video. Really could've just written the process in the post.

FYI. I don’t need to monetize. My channel is already monetized....
PS...
not everything written is accepted by everyone here. For your information In a previous post the suggestion was made in writing and comments were received “how do we know you have tried that on your white seats”. With video at least it’s proven to be tried on my own seats before suggesting to others that it really works.
Like I said haters will hate so it’s not for them :)

My SA told me to use baby wipes! But what do those guys really know.
I do this once per week. I also have a quick/easy seat cover from Amazon that gets tossed on if just coming from gym or wearing anything that might transfer onto the white. The cover is not bulky and folds and stores easily under either of the seats.

Good discussion and I see a lot of people talking about using baby wipes but honestly its not good. Baby wipes are highly alkaline and are harmful to leather products. its true for babywipes without alcohol and the ones with alcohol are Worst!

PLEASE GUYS DON'T USE BABY WIPES!!!

Read the 2 articles below from different sources if anyone is interested. Many other multiple sources are also available on same topic which advise you not to use babywipes for leather cleaning.

Should You Use Baby Wipes to Clean Leather?

How can baby wipes ruin leather

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB
Good discussion and I see a lot of people talking about using baby wipes but honestly its not good. Baby wipes are highly alkaline and are harmful to leather products. its true for babywipes without alcohol and the ones with alcohol are Worst!

PLEASE GUYS DON'T USE BABY WIPES!!!

Read the 2 articles below from different sources if anyone is interested. Many other multiple sources are also available on same topic which advise you not to use babywipes for leather cleaning.

Should You Use Baby Wipes to Clean Leather?

How can baby wipes ruin leather

But these seats are not leather!