Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here it is the new Tesla Maps ( coming this weekend? )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed National Service to ask if they were having trouble connecting to my car for the maps download. After some back and forth as they thought I was talking about a firmware update, I now have the maps.

I have AP 1.0 and there is no place in the release notes to opt in to allow the car to send data to Tesla. I guess AP 1.0 cars will not be sending this particular kind of data to the Mothership.

I emailed National Service to ask if they were having trouble connecting to my car for the maps download. After some back and forth as they thought I was talking about a firmware update, I now have the maps.

I have AP 1.0 and there is no place in the release notes to opt in to allow the car to send data to Tesla. I guess AP 1.0 cars will not be sending this particular kind of data to the Mothership.

It's not just AP1.0, even on AP2, that option disappeared between 2018.14.x and 2018.18. Seems like they either don't think they need consent anymore, or don't need to collect the data.

It's not just AP1.0, even on AP2, that option disappeared between 2018.14.x and 2018.18. Seems like they either don't think they need consent anymore, or don't need to collect the data.

I believe its a separate nav update. I believe that the only link to firmware for nav is eligibility for the update. 2018.12 probably only supported the non-sharing nav. The 2018.14 + updates might whitelist for the newest nav with the data sharing. Just my thought.

I'm trying that approach, too. It's just the unprecedented duration of this upgrade drought that had me wondering if something might be "broken." At least my heated steering wheel still works, as opposed to those with 2018.16, but that gives little solace now that temps are in the 70s. At least it's good to know I'm not the only one. You know, misery loves company. ;)
I had a drought too. I emailed National Service and asked if they were having trouble connecting to my car. They were, and shortly thereafter I got my firmware update.

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
I'm on my first long road trip — currently in Oregon — since getting new Nav a few weeks ago and the energy estimation for trip legs at highway speeds is greatly improved. Even on roads with 75 and 80 mph speed limits the estimates are pretty much right on or a bit conservative. With the old Nav it would always underestimate the energy needed on highways with speed limits of 70 mph or more and I'd end up with a lot less at my destination that the original estimate, even in mild weather conditions. Add in better routing choices for several problematic routes and I think the new Nav is a vast improvement over the old one. Very pleased with it.

Reactions: MP3Mike
With the old Nav it would always underestimate the energy needed on highways with speed limits of 70 mph or more and I'd end up with a lot less at my destination

Using old Nav in Europe, I always end up with a more, because the energy consumption (at 120 km/h - 75 mph) is less, then calculated.
I wonder, if I will get better or even worse calculation with the new maps...

My first interstate drive today with the new Nav. (AP 1.0) I like that it tells you to turn just before the intersection, rather than slightly after. I also like that it does not talk so much. Before I muted the voice because it was saying too much. I think I can easily adjust to warnings at 1 mile, 1000 feet and at the turn. The time to destination was correct and took traffic delays into account. And it chose the same route as Google Maps choosing a longer route (distance) due to traffic delays. It is a huge improvement.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I'm on my first long road trip — currently in Oregon — since getting new Nav a few weeks ago and the energy estimation for trip legs at highway speeds is greatly improved. Even on roads with 75 and 80 mph speed limits the estimates are pretty much right on or a bit conservative. With the old Nav it would always underestimate the energy needed on highways with speed limits of 70 mph or more and I'd end up with a lot less at my destination that the original estimate, even in mild weather conditions. Add in better routing choices for several problematic routes and I think the new Nav is a vast improvement over the old one. Very pleased with it.
We just did ~1500 miles around Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota and Nebraska over the weekend and the energy estimates were spot-on. I wonder if they are now taking the cruise offset into account or learning from the driver speed preferences to provide a more accurate estimate of energy usage.