Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here it is the new Tesla Maps ( coming this weekend? )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will the new maps and nav system be available for earlier Model S?

I got this as a Beta update on Monday night in my Signature S. So ... yes.

The binnacle display where I get my turns is much clearer - haven't really noticed a difference in the big map in the 17 inch display. I don't use voice prompts, so I really like the clearer turn display including names of prior crossing roads.

I have noticed that the NAV system is a little more precise about the end-point of the route -- so where the old system used to "turn off" because I had "arrived", the new one sometimes claims that it's still navigating. Not quite sure how to update my destination to get me down the (privately owned) roadway to the entrance of the parking garage.

I wish that they'd chosen to allow me to do multi-stop routes.

Another interesting point of reference: a couple days ago, the new nav routed me the longer way around my neighborhood to my house, and today it routed me the shorter and more efficient way. This was inside my neighborhood so there was no traffic that could be affecting the results. There are tons of Teslas in my neighborhood as well - maybe the nav is ... sentient?

So I've been reading conflicting reports. Does this map/nav update include vector maps for the CID, or only the maps for routing and display in the IC? Most people in this thread seem to suggest it's only IC maps, but I've also seen quite a few reports from people saying that after the nav update, the CID maps are much faster, implying that they're vector.

0ACD1A3E-B4E9-4D17-B962-B4D3945FF781.jpeg
No nav update... at least I don’t think so.

Would someone with the update kindly post a picture of the app settings screen, or any other static image that differentiates from the old version?

You should see this screen pop up, or see it when u hit the Tesla T at the top of your screen.

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
I'm in Vancouver, Canada. Got my update a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. For the routes I take the navigation is vastly improved. Better routes, doesn't try to make me do impossible things, and ETA is very accurate.

I used to routinely run Waze or Google Maps on a phone mounted in the car, but I don't bother with that now. The new navigation is that good.

Wow, Toronto SC told me it’s not out for Canadian cars yet, so that they couldn’t install for me (my car is in for service)

• Informative
Reactions: Snowstorm