TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Here, There, and EVerywhere... Posting our trip SoCal to East Coast and back...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by AEdennis, May 30, 2015.

1. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Looking at Twitter and other Social Media, it would seem that I was pretty lucky both times at the Newark, DE supercharger. With only four stalls, it seems to be one that gets full easily. I wonder if Tesla will be expanding that location like they did Barstow, and others.

Congratulations on your new addition. The 70D is a nice ride (had a loaner when I visited the Lyndhurst Sales and Service Center.)

2. TomServo

TomServo Member

I'm really enjoying your travelogue, brings joy and happiness to this cube bound Dilbert.

3. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

So, the guys at Syosset were not able to take care of the issue on Day 11, however, they were able to squeeze us in on Day 12 of the trip to take care of that problem that we found yesterday.

Glad your enjoying it @TomServo... I was drafting today's link, when your comment popped up...

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

5. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

LOVE the Maine pictures and of course Newport is pretty awesome. We toured Breakers and Elms a few years ago, both were top notch!

6. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

It was a blast. The "summer cottages" of Newport, RI are quite "understated" when compared with the Hearst Castle. :wink: We were quite glad to "Reach our Beach" an homage to the "Reach the Beach" group from April.

7. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

I prefer the cottages, more personable and I'm able to vision myself living there as an aristocrat during a tour :cool:

8. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

9. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

We're visiting Northern New Jersey again on Day 15 of our Roadtrip 2015.

Today's activities were a little more casual.

It did provide the time for us to figure out the optimal charging to get a 33% improvement in our charging speed.

10. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

This is a very entertaining live blog on a road trip. Thanks for doing this.

- K

11. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Glad that you're enjoying it. Tomorrow's post is at the Sustainable Morristown EVent with the NJEAA.

12. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

13. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

14. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

Another night in the first state! That hotel is a few min drive from a restaurant I miss very much, Potstickers asian grill. Even living in LV now I haven't found anything better! Love the rain in the pics, a rarity anymore in the west :tongue:

15. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Why do you think we kept taking water tower pictures early in the trip ;-)

I have to agree with you on how good the Model S looks in rainy weather.

We were beginning to wonder whether we should've formed a corporation with all the time we've spent in Delaware.

16. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

#56 AEdennis, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    After expanding our trip with CHAdeMO in Vermont on Day 14 of the trip, we finally charge Level 2 and use destination charging to expand our trip past supercharging on Day 18 of our Roadtrip from the West to the East and back.

17709996258_83eb257aa4_c.jpg IMG_20150519_131856 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

We saw this sign and had to figure out what it means...

17896708105_8cce68b8c9_c.jpg IMG_8506 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

We also experimented with Google Maps on an iPhone and comparing directions with the in car Navigation as well as finally decide the route to take back West on Day 18 of our Roadtrip.

Enjoy.

17. Anthony7

Anthony7 Member

I was trying to see if I could see your route between Newark & Lancaster as I've driven those roads alot. You really have to be careful esp at certain times and days when lots of Amish buggys are out esp before or after church. Oh I'm glad they changed the WV welcome sign. At one point it use to say "Open for Business" but I like "Wild and Wonderful" better. Can I ask what kind of tint and percentage is on your windows? Picking up my 70D in 2 hrs!

18. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Congratulations for your 70D, please reply to the delivery/owner thread with pictures when you do!

I believe 30 all around and 60 on the windshield. It's what gives a good "filtered" look to some of the photographs. :smile:

19. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Yikes!! Do you have a paint protection film wrap on your car? I would be terrified of that sign without one. Glad you made through it unscathed!

20. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

#60 AEdennis, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Yup... Thanks to @MoeMistry of Glistening Perfection. We were the FIRST Model S that was wrapped fully by them, now he gets pretty booked up. (@Capt601 inspired us, they were the first Model S wrapped (the front side) by Moe.)

If you're anywhere NEAR SoCal, I would suggest that you get your work done by Moe.