Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here, There, and EVerywhere... Posting our trip SoCal to East Coast and back...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lived in Newark, DE for years prior to moving to Las Vegas in 2012, I'm glad you finally had a chance to sleep there! I'm happy to see a supercharger there as well as a brand new travel plaza which is better than the old one for sure! My car arrives in less than a week, getting excited!
Looking at Twitter and other Social Media, it would seem that I was pretty lucky both times at the Newark, DE supercharger. With only four stalls, it seems to be one that gets full easily. I wonder if Tesla will be expanding that location like they did Barstow, and others.

Congratulations on your new addition. The 70D is a nice ride (had a loaner when I visited the Lyndhurst Sales and Service Center.)

Shortest drive of the trip today (a drive from Northern New Jersey to Long Island, New York.)

We discovered an issue with the seal around the passenger window and went to the Syosset Sales, Service, and Supercharger Center for a supercharge and service. Boy, they're busy at that location. Perhaps Tesla should open another service center for the area.

So, the guys at Syosset were not able to take care of the issue on Day 11, however, they were able to squeeze us in on Day 12 of the trip to take care of that problem that we found yesterday.

I'm really enjoying your travelogue, brings joy and happiness to this cube bound Dilbert.

Glad your enjoying it @TomServo... I was drafting today's link, when your comment popped up...

Another night in the first state! That hotel is a few min drive from a restaurant I miss very much, Potstickers asian grill. Even living in LV now I haven't found anything better! Love the rain in the pics, a rarity anymore in the west :tongue:

Another night in the first state! That hotel is a few min drive from a restaurant I miss very much, Potstickers asian grill. Even living in LV now I haven't found anything better! Love the rain in the pics, a rarity anymore in the west :tongue:

Why do you think we kept taking water tower pictures early in the trip ;-)

I have to agree with you on how good the Model S looks in rainy weather.

We were beginning to wonder whether we should've formed a corporation with all the time we've spent in Delaware.

After expanding our trip with CHAdeMO in Vermont on Day 14 of the trip, we finally charge Level 2 and use destination charging to expand our trip past supercharging on Day 18 of our Roadtrip from the West to the East and back.

17709996258_83eb257aa4_c.jpgIMG_20150519_131856 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

We saw this sign and had to figure out what it means...

17896708105_8cce68b8c9_c.jpgIMG_8506 by Dennis Pascual, on Flickr

We also experimented with Google Maps on an iPhone and comparing directions with the in car Navigation as well as finally decide the route to take back West on Day 18 of our Roadtrip.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I was trying to see if I could see your route between Newark & Lancaster as I've driven those roads alot. You really have to be careful esp at certain times and days when lots of Amish buggys are out esp before or after church. Oh I'm glad they changed the WV welcome sign. At one point it use to say "Open for Business" but I like "Wild and Wonderful" better. Can I ask what kind of tint and percentage is on your windows? Picking up my 70D in 2 hrs!

I was trying to see if I could see your route between Newark & Lancaster as I've driven those roads alot. You really have to be careful esp at certain times and days when lots of Amish buggys are out esp before or after church. Oh I'm glad they changed the WV welcome sign. At one point it use to say "Open for Business" but I like "Wild and Wonderful" better. Can I ask what kind of tint and percentage is on your windows? Picking up my 70D in 2 hrs!

Congratulations for your 70D, please reply to the delivery/owner thread with pictures when you do!

I believe 30 all around and 60 on the windshield. It's what gives a good "filtered" look to some of the photographs. :smile:

Last edited: