TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Here we go again, Utah refuses to give Tesla a license to sell vehicles...

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by JohnSnowNW, Mar 4, 2015.

1. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

There are folks at the hearing right now, info posted over in the regional forum. Sounds like they're saying the room is full and won't let more people in, including owners. That's not going to play well in the media ...

3. GoBlue88

GoBlue88 Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

At what point will these guys ever look at data from survey after survey and acknowledge what a load of horse hockey that argument is? Yes, this is a rhetorical question - I know the answer is "never".

4. Park2670

Park2670 Member

I wish they could see what happened to all the Fisker dealerships when the manufacturer was gone?

5. djplong

djplong Member

I've had a dealership refuse to perform warranty work on a car because the engine wouldn't give them a code with which they could get reimbursed from GM. GM's regional office was no help. The dealership didn't care. GM didn't care. How do these laws protect me against that?

6. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

Actually, most likely the consumer protection laws in your state help protect you from that. Tesla won't be exempt from those consumer protection laws and we don't want them to be exempt. However, there shouldn't be a rule that says the manufacturer can't operate a law abiding service and sales center that adheres to the relevant consumer protection laws.

7. djplong

djplong Member

Try to find consumer protection in New Hampshire. We have no sales tax, no income tax, pay our legislators $150/year (yes, you read that right) and many agencies are populated with volunteers. Now, if I wanted to hire a lawyer and put him on retainer, I could have done more but I didn't have an additional $5000 lying around.

8. muleferg

muleferg Member

Where is John Wayne when we need him.

Willie Nelson Song

Come on back Jesus (Come on back Jesus)
    Come on back Jesus
    And pick up John Wayne on the way
    The world's done gone crazy,
    And it seems to get worse everyday
    So come on back Jesus,
    And pick up John Wayne on the way