Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here you go: "Proof" the Model 3 Performance needs a "Ludicrous" software update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never tried it but the vid begs the question. Is the Model 3 ‘limited’ to max 15 mph in reverse? Never thought of it. That’s what was indicated in the vid. Don’t know why you would ever need to go faster unless dragging in reverse like these guys.

Ski

I'm curious what motors the Polestar 2 are using and how many kW are being sent to each and also at what mph does the 3P pass it from a launch. It doesn't seem like the Polestar has a lead for very long at all. The fact the 3P uses PMSR motors and not induction is partially why the launch is not as violent as it could be. But without any real data from this video, such as Dragy or Vbox numbers it's about as useful as any heads up street race, which is not much.

The new BMW M3 Competition will have 500 horsepower and will easily give a 3P a run for its money off the line and beat it from a roll. It is time Elon!

No, it wont... not unless the person in the M3 goes through the process of putting it into launch control first, AND gets the launch control process correct (and the person in the 3P somehow forgets to push all the way down on the go pedal).

If you are talking about from, say 60-120 / 130, the M3 (the real one, I refuse to call a tesla an M3) would catch and pass the Model 3P, but until BMW makes the M3 a hybrid, its not going to beat the model 3P from a stop.

No, it wont... not unless the person in the M3 goes through the process of putting it into launch control first, AND gets the launch control process correct (and the person in the 3P somehow forgets to push all the way down on the go pedal).

If you are talking about from, say 60-120 / 130, the M3 (the real one, I refuse to call a tesla an M3) would catch and pass the Model 3P, but until BMW makes the M3 a hybrid, its not going to beat the model 3P from a stop.

it's much easier now in recent cars than it was in 5-10 years ago when you had to dig in multiple menus and/or change multiple modes

in the M:

1. dsc off (1 button)
2. stick over to S (1 motion)
3. press brake and gas.... release brake

AWD M5 and M8 does low 3s. With AWD and power/weight ratio the M3/M4 should be low-mid 3s. 1/4 mile should be low 11s

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
it's much easier now in recent cars than it was in 5-10 years ago when you had to dig in multiple menus and/or change multiple modes

in the M:

1. dsc off (1 button)
2. stick over to S (1 motion)
3. press brake and gas.... release brake

AWD M5 and M8 does low 3s. With AWD and power/weight ratio the M3/M4 should be low-mid 3s. 1/4 mile should be low 11s

thats informative, for sure. If I remember, turning off DSC required a press and hold of that button for "some amount of time" like 5-7 seconds, right? Just pressing it to turn it off still left all of the traction control stuff on, just in a "relaxed" state. Maybe thats changed?

thats informative, for sure. If I remember, turning off DSC required a press and hold of that button for "some amount of time" like 5-7 seconds, right? Just pressing it to turn it off still left all of the traction control stuff on, just in a "relaxed" state. Maybe thats changed?
yeah that's how mine functioned. quick press switch to from DSC to DTC. hold for a few seconds to switch both DSC and DTC off. the way they implemented it (and displayed the warning) is a bit unintuitive

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin