Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hertz buying 100,000 Tesla cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't believe there isn't a deal somewhere...reduced price supercharging or free install of superchargers at hertz premises or cheap tesla leccy or solar panels etc...
The deal was reported to be worth $4.2 billion, so if it’s exactly 100,000 cars that’s a whole bunch of US white SR+ at $42k just before the recent price rise, so that’s effectively a discount now 😊

The deal was reported to be worth $4.2 billion, so if it’s exactly 100,000 cars that’s a whole bunch of US white SR+ at $42k just before the recent price rise, so that’s effectively a discount now 😊
SR+ with LFP battery would make the most sense given the battery is more resilient and harder to abuse.
Good luck telling a renter not to charge to 100% unless you really really need to and don't hold it there longer than necessary.

That's why you make the deal. Same reason many here place the order to get in ahead of the next price increase. How many on this board have tried to arbitrage their reservations?

Yep.
Will be interesting to see what fleet management controls Tesla can provide to big customers.
(Both for this and for say the Semi)
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the entry level Beta test for exactly that....fleet management. Which would step right into the autonomous long haul trucking concept. If the .gov was thinking (doubtful), they would be putting tons of money for interstate highway modifications/expansion to build Autonomous truck only lanes into the network.

I love being able to go from 0-60 in under 4 seconds
Do I want 100,000 other people on the road in similar cars that they don't actually care about - hell no.

I really worry about what it's going to be like on the roads in few years with so many really quick EVs about.