Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hertz buying 100,000 Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the Hertz deal is more likely to be the reason for TSLA jumping 5%. Investors care more about a multi billion dollar deal than they do about a software patch going out.
NOPE!!

1635173996370.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: omarsultan

Ok, but why did Morgan Stanley raise their price target? They don't just raise price targets for no reason. I get that MS raised the price target before the Herz announcement but I am thinking they probably got advance notice. If they knew in advance about the Hertz deal, it would explain the price target increase.

So maybe the price target raise is the most direct cause of TSLA being up 5% but I think the Hertz deal is connected to it.

Reactions: qdeathstar
I think the Hertz deal is more likely to be the reason for TSLA jumping 5%. Investors care more about a multi billion dollar deal than they do about a software patch going out.
No - its jumping because market finally understands what 30% margin means (unlike 5% for Ford, 10% for GM).

Oh, nearly 10% now.

ps : No idea how they will deliver 100k cars before the end of '22. The orders are all so backed up now. X not available till Sep '22, Y till May '22. Hopefully the times already include the 100k deal.

Last edited:
No - its jumping because market finally understands what 30% margin means (unlike 5% for Ford, 10% for GM).

Oh, nearly 10% now.

ps : No idea how they will deliver 100k cars before the end of '22. The orders are all so backed up now. X not available till Sep '22, Y till May '22. Hopefully the times already include the 100k deal.
Performance models get you moved the front of the line. I somehow think if you order 100K vehicles you might just get a little priority. The rest of us peons will get pushed out even further.

You obviously don't live in the land of $.47/kWh electricity.
Don't worry! You can prepay for a full tank of electrons for just $50 to avoid $5/kWh fee for returning not-full…

I wonder if Tesla will have deeper integration with rental companies more than just vehicle profiles such as carrying over kWh associated to the Tesla account or maybe even integrated Tesla billing.

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude
Anyone knows where they are available? The Hertz at JFK NY shows it, but sold out through December 2021 - strange, trying for January 2022 it doesn't appear anymore as a choice. Also have no idea what "This model is guaranteed" means.

View attachment 725721
From something my wife was telling me earlier, "this model is guaranteed" means that you won't show up for your rental and have something else substituted.

• Informative
Reactions: CLK350 and riverFox