TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hey Guys! New P100D owner here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rastaman777, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Rastaman777

Rastaman777 New Member

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sasan Rastegarlari and I just purchased a P100D. I actually haven't even taken delivery of it yet, but it should be here in the next week! I'm currently in Melbourne, FL and loving it, except for Irma of course. I have always been into cars my entire life and I must say, I never thought I would be buying an electric car, but he 2.5 0-60 was just too enticing.

I had been saving for about 7 years to buy a supercar. I looked at a ton and finally narrowed down my selection this year. I was considering the 2017 Corvette Z06, 2017 Nissan GTR, 2014 Porsche GT3, 2015 Audi R8, 2018 Lexus LC 500 and the Tesla. Crazy thing is, the Tesla wasn't even on my radar until this year. After a lot of debate I had it narrowed down to just the Tesla P100D and the Lexus LC 500. It was an extremely stressful decision but in the end I think I made the right one. I look forward to speaking and maybe meeting some of you on these forums.

Until then,
    Sasan

• Like x 5
    • Love x 2
  2. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

Welcome! You’ll love it.

3. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

Welcome! I think you will enjoy both the car and the forum! There is an active Florida owners group through the forum, if you want more local Tesla social connections.

4. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

You chose wisely.:)
    Congrats

5. Tiger

Tiger Member

I had also CTS-V on my radar, but after test-driving Tesla, there's no competition. Looking forward to getting a Model X P as soon as we get a service center and a supercharger.

6. conman

conman Member

Well done. I did almost exactly the same comparison and lead up and ended up getting a P100D after driving it. There was no comparison in the end between it and all the other "supercars" I was considering at up to double the cost; it just ticked ten times more boxes than anything else.

7. HumanGenome

HumanGenome Member

A year in and still love every moment, the acceleration is addicting.

• Like x 2
  8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Welcome!

9. aznt1217

aznt1217 Active Member

Drive it in good health brah! Watch out for speeding tickets too gets up there quick

10. Quick2Judge

Quick2Judge Member

Great choice. I have had some decent cars in my life but never looked forward to driving as much as I do now.

• Like x 2
  11. rpower123

rpower123 Member

Just sold my CTS V for a P100D!

• Like x 1
  12. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

13. Rastaman777

Rastaman777 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've had the car for 4 days now and love it! One thing I noticed is that the auto park feature wasn't working at all. Anyone else having trouble with that in their new Tesla? I think I have the AP 2.5 hardware if that makes any difference.

14. larmor

larmor Active Member

Congrats!!! The only problem I've had with my mx is if I punch it such as at a lighted onway to the freeway, or trying to pass when they they possibly don't let you nether, people really get upset, like extended bird when they finally catch up. So my advice is to get a huge aftermarket wing, so no one is surprised when you pull away.

15. oktane

oktane Active Member

Congratulations

16. arcus

arcus Member

Welcome and congrats. Good taste :)

17. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Supporting Member

Get your popcorn ready.

18. GaryW

GaryW Supporting Member

I think the auto park feature was updated in firmware 2017.34. I don’t know if it was on in AP 2.* before then.

I hope we get a chance to meet at a future Space Coast Electric Vehicle event.

19. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

Autopark requires Ultrasonic sensor calibration to be completed first, which occurs after having driven the car for some distance, I think ours was around 1,500 miles but have heard some claim it working in as few as 50 miles.

Consult your vehicles user manual (online or from the website).

• Informative x 1
  20. rucksack

rucksack Member

Sweet ride. Maybe I need to save for a couple more years rather than looking at P85Ds right now.