Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey Guys! New P100D owner here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sasan Rastegarlari and I just purchased a P100D. I actually haven't even taken delivery of it yet, but it should be here in the next week! I'm currently in Melbourne, FL and loving it, except for Irma of course. I have always been into cars my entire life and I must say, I never thought I would be buying an electric car, but he 2.5 0-60 was just too enticing.

I had been saving for about 7 years to buy a supercar. I looked at a ton and finally narrowed down my selection this year. I was considering the 2017 Corvette Z06, 2017 Nissan GTR, 2014 Porsche GT3, 2015 Audi R8, 2018 Lexus LC 500 and the Tesla. Crazy thing is, the Tesla wasn't even on my radar until this year. After a lot of debate I had it narrowed down to just the Tesla P100D and the Lexus LC 500. It was an extremely stressful decision but in the end I think I made the right one. I look forward to speaking and maybe meeting some of you on these forums.

Until then,
Sasan

Well done. I did almost exactly the same comparison and lead up and ended up getting a P100D after driving it. There was no comparison in the end between it and all the other "supercars" I was considering at up to double the cost; it just ticked ten times more boxes than anything else.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've had the car for 4 days now and love it! One thing I noticed is that the auto park feature wasn't working at all. Anyone else having trouble with that in their new Tesla? I think I have the AP 2.5 hardware if that makes any difference.

Congrats!!! The only problem I've had with my mx is if I punch it such as at a lighted onway to the freeway, or trying to pass when they they possibly don't let you nether, people really get upset, like extended bird when they finally catch up. So my advice is to get a huge aftermarket wing, so no one is surprised when you pull away.

Autopark requires Ultrasonic sensor calibration to be completed first, which occurs after having driven the car for some distance, I think ours was around 1,500 miles but have heard some claim it working in as few as 50 miles.

Consult your vehicles user manual (online or from the website).

• Informative
Reactions: Aieukl378