Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey, Hey, My, My

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Into the black.

168DC166-EEFB-4765-AE78-64D94C803DA6.jpeg

Okay, let’s do this.

This will need many many sammiches.

Good luck.
And a couple bottles of wine for a HPWC in Dickinson.

Caught a general rain overnight in KS. Glorious light show but slowed up progress some. Fighting a head/cross wind jumping between Hays & Gothenburg but road is dry so it’ll be no problem at +5. The jump to Murdo next will be tighter.

Oh Nebraska, you so crazy!
5DE00781-2536-4213-9E7D-DD9E2FB26DFD.jpeg EBC5AC18-04AE-4304-95EF-5D9E990C9129.jpeg
Anyway I’ve pierced the border, charged at Peavy in Estavan (Original Joes across King has a tasty GF pulled pork to eat while being disappointed watching the WC match) and am now Regina bound.

Last edited:
Made it to parents’ farm, 10% to spare and speed limit min all the way. Thanks Stephie & Andrew!

Could only get 24A through there. Car thought it could pull 40A through Gen 1 but longterm anything above 24 threw breaker. Not sure if it was the wire, which was salvage out of a 40 year old dairy barn or the breaker, of newer providence.

Next leg is highway 15 through Outlook to 7/9. This is sizable jump, near over 300km to Kindersley, and looks like nothing on the way fight the 20mph headwinds. Plus that gravel stretch part between 2 & 11 is brutal on range. I phoned park at Outlook, 30A plugs only. Faster to just drive slower.

So 85kph dodging potholes it is.

Last edited:
If you get stuck nearly all the campsites have 50A service allowing 40A charge rates. Not the best but certainly the cheapest and plentiful. If you tell them it’s just to charge they usually don’t want full rate. That’s how I got the roadster through the Midwest.

Yeah, why I phoned ahead to Outlook and thought it notable they only had 120V. :( Headed in other direction I’d probably take a shot going off route to Blackstrap Skihill which has 240V plugs.

But really if I wasn’t pushed for time I would have taken slower route up of Yellowhead to Saskatoon. Lots of L2 options there* and nowhere near as tight a stretch from Saskatoon to Rocky View SC or Red Deer SC.

*In relative terms.

Btw Kindersley charger flaked out after about 30kWh. Fortunately enough to get to next known charger on route at Hanna, which is working nicely so far. Wind has dropped a lot but closer you get to Rockies the cooler it gets overnight, also modest elevation rise (300m), so I’m going to pad a bit.

Alternatively I could go to Red Deer with basically no net elevation change and about 20km shorter route. But then I’d need to drive an extra hour South afterward. I guess I’ll call that Plan B if it looking bleak when I reach intersection w/21.

Trying to understand your route, did you not go through Montana which appears to be the shortest route because you needed to be in SK or because of charger availability?
Easy mode? Pffft. :p~~~

Also I needed to get to parents first to drop the daughter off ahead of Calgary stop. Will return in a few days, probably via Medicine Hat because I’m also going to Lethbridge

Ha.

Crowsnest will be fun.
? I’m not going to BC.

Oh did you think I meant return to the US? No, back to SK.

Besides if I was going back to US from Lethbridge I’d just go via Montana.

I was considering taking a shot at Flin Flon but now leaning towards stopping at Candle Lake so I have time to instead go back to TX via Lake of the Woods to Duluth.