Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey, just got the 9.0 update!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like Elon said, it would be released by the end of August.

It is amazing! It has a bunch of new features, like: Atari games, and the version card that says "V9.0"!

There's always a few people that do this, without fail. :rolleyes:

Actually, just kidding. I always love the disappointment of no FSD functionality still.

• Funny
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Elon is an insider and privledged to future products and enhancements. He usually estimates that they will be released earlier than really happens.

He is an optimist. Plan accordingly.

Original Roadster was released later than projected, as was Model S, 3 and X. Just the way it is with Elon. Good thing is that the new stuff eventually comes out, and lots of customers love the products.

I think everyone that purchased EAP are in for a rude awakening. I think you are going to see the first update with features only for FSD purchasers. When Elon states things like version 9 will have first FSD features that doesn't mean you EAP owner. I believe this will be Elons sneaky method of trying to get more FSD purchasers. I think you will now start seeing a diversion between EAP and FSD. Here are some of the reasons.
1. Even though all new Tesla's come with the same hardware, including cameras he noted that only FSD purchasers will be getting the new super chip at no charge.
2. I believe Elon also said, only FSD will be using all the cameras. So even though we all paid for those cameras and hardware, only the FSD purchasers will fully utilize them.
3. Elon already offered a 30 day free trial to get as many regular autopilot folks to purchase the EAP before announcing that Version 9 will include FSD features. That way the next $5000 for FSD will be more palatable for those that just laid out $6000 for EAP.

The difference between the basic autopilot that comes standard on all Tesla's and the $5000 - $6000 optional EAP is really very little, basically auto-steer and lane change (which are very crude). adaptive cruse, collation avoidance are all part of the basic autopilot. So while the benefits of EAP over basic autopilot really aren't that much, then based on the cost of FSD over EAP you would think there should not be that much difference between them. In my opinion the only difference between EAP and FSD should be the ability to request a destination in FSD using GPS mapping, but the ability to on-ramp, off-ramp, pass automatically, stop at stop lights and stop signs, turn at an intersection or side street, etc. should also be part of EAP. But I believe Elon will start the diversion with Version 9 because it will take a lot of cpu power and all the cameras to be able to stop at stop signs and red-lights and turn at intersection, etc. and remember Elon already said the more powerful chip will not be needed by EAP owners. Just another way to squeeze more money out of Tesla owners.

My above comments are based on information gleaned from tweets, blogs, and reports from Tesla and third party agencies. So if any of my info is incorrect, I apologize in advance. Please feel free to make any comments or correction to my statements.

Oh BTW, don't be supersized if after Version 9 is released, you see a free 30 day trial of FSD.