TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hey Neysayers

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Alfafoxtrot1, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Alfafoxtrot1

Alfafoxtrot1 Member

Lets imagine we're in the early 1900s, there are no paved roads, no gas stations, and you've just been introduced to the Model T. What do you think? It sure is difficult to travel as far as you can by horse and buggy. Food for the horse is everywhere and the bumpy roads aren't a problem. So, do you dismiss the T as a folly? Many did. Some recognized it for not merely what it was (which by existing standards was pretty slick), but what it could be. So, when the next revolution in transportation begins, will you recognize it?

2. Nichen

Nichen Member

Haha that's a great point Alfafoxtrot1! I'm also getting sick of anti-EV FUD. It's a friggin dirty game the ev-haters are playing.
    You gotta stay sharp :)

3. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Innovators, and then early adopters deal with this all the time. It's hard to not "go there" with EV haters/bashers. However, a lot of them will never be convinced or swayed. In ten years you'll meet them and they'll be getting the next big thing. Something that clearly is standing on the Roadster, and Model S shoulders. They'll act as if they thought of it. It's just the way the process seems to work. When I meet the ones who just bash and wont even come an inch towards me; I just smile and say "drive the car, then come talk to me."

4. allanb4me

allanb4me Member

+1 .. well put...