TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

"Hey Siri" feature on the iPhone. Much better than using Tesla's voice commands?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Entaum, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Entaum

Entaum Member

I see that a lot of people complain about Tesla's limited voice commands (which I agree), but did you know that you could enable a feature called "Hey Siri" on your Iphone Settings and forget about having to click any buttons to issue dozens of voice commands?

With it enabled and the Iphone connected through bluetooth you get real hands free control. Just say "Hey Siri" and ask her anything you want. Commands such as "Call my wife", "Read me my emails" or "Message my friend X and tell him I'll be late" are just some of the examples. And as the Iphone is connected to the bluetooth, when you start talking to Siri, music will be lowered and you'll hear her voice on the cars audio.

Just a tip I wanted to share.
    Emoticon smile

2. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

I thought the phone had to plugged into power for hey siri to work?

3. Epoch

Epoch Member

Works on the 6S (&+) without needing to press a button on the device or after a prolonged home button press on older models

It is very useful as the original poster says

4. Entaum

Entaum Member

IPhone 6s don't need to be connected, though you might want to anyway. :)