Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

hey tesla- forget the pickup truck ev! waste of $ for developement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Tesla, forget the pickup truck, it's only the most profitable and top selling vehicle in 'merica and only 15,000 are bought every day by consumers here. The lower gas prices go the more they sell, imagine selling one that doesn't need gas and can be tracked by the fleet owners for abuse (speeding, taking side trips on company time, using on the weekend for your own side business etc, low to no maintenance, federal tax rebate, massive torque, consumers who don't want your smelly noisy diesel truck driving through their neighborhood). etc. Yeah don't build the truck, build the truck killer.

No one wants one truck, they order them by the 1000's
Rivian electric van coming by 2021 exclusively for Amazon

Don’t forget the heavy duty version with an 8 ft bed, tow 20,000 lbs, haul 4,000 in the bed and a 500 mile range so I can get at least 200 to 250 towing my dump trailer, and while we are at it virtually unlimited 120v and 240v for on site power and no need of a large generator

But hey, that’s just me and probably 10’s of thousands of small contractors.

Waiting for the reveal before I look at new heavy duty diesel trucks, I can nurse my truck a couple to 3 years if the reveal looks promising

> I disagree, please make a basic F-150 style with an 8 foot bed. [Merrill]

This seems to be the popular mindset, gut feeling. But reality will hit when we realize how inefficient these monsters will be, what with pushing all that wind aside as they drag all that dead weight down the road. The number of cells required per 'F-150_EV' could build 2 or three EV_cars or build grid backup battery banks which are in max demand if the planet is going to survive. Will M3 pruduction suffer when TM starts with 'F-150_EV' production? Is the industry somehow no longer battery-constrained?!
--