Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey Tesla, how about a "Classic S" Easter egg?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tomas

Out of warranty...
Supporting Member
Oct 22, 2012
Santa Barbara/New York
I'll send this to Tesla Motors too... but I know they sometimes track this forum and may catch this: I still love my 2012 non-sig Classic P85. Sure, I got what I signed up and paid for. And, I get new stuff with each firmware release, which is great.

As a city driver, very happy to get torque sleep efficiency improvement with 7.0 - one of only 2 non-cosmetic thing I'm getting, BTW. But, a bit jealous of all the other stuff for the newer cars, plus still feel under-compensated for my A battery.

So, please, for 7.1 or 7.2, can you include an easter egg for Classic RWD early adopters? Not just a joke Easter Egg, but a special function that benefits us. Something that works for us and nobody else? Just one thing... you pick. Please? I'm sure my colleagues here will follow on with some specific asks!

Follow on posters: I know this is futile, but my hopes for this thread are positive asks, not a bunch of griping!!!!

Last edited:
+1

I still love my car and hold no resentment for later adopters who are getting the amazing new features (maybe a little jealous, that's all).

That said, I think a little early adopter love would be a nice thing. Why make it an Easter Egg? Why not a true feature? I'm not sure what it would be, but would happily spend hours trying to trigger it.

how about this?
DSC03666.gif

It's funny, I got 2 emails from Tesla going on about the AP release and nudging me to value my car for trade-in. 2012 Sig, no parking sensors, no AP, no AWD.... and I'm OK. I used to switch cars every few years but I have no desire to trade in my S (even a straight trade for a newer one). The power is enough for me, I'm used to all of the idiosyncrasies of it, and it just feels "mine".

I would've liked to see the performance improvement, but the torque sleep for stop and go is a bonus. Really, I don't care about anything specific to my classic S, I'd just like to see continued refinement to the UI and functionality (better media player, apps, phone integration etc).

Ah ok. So what's the VIN cutoff for the performance boost? Is it DU dependent or some other hardware limitation? I have a Rev. K DU from February of this year. Wonder if it's compatible?
Don't think so. I got a new drivetrain in Jan, and I believe AmpedRealtor got one in February, and neither of us got the performance note. My VIN is 25k. Seems like it's something other than the drivetrain that's the issue.

So, please, for 7.1 or 7.2, can you include an easter egg for Classic RWD early adopters? Something that works for us and nobody else? Just one thing... you pick. Please? I'm sure my colleagues here will follow on with some specific asks!

Follow on posters: I know this is futile, but my hopes for this thread are positive asks, not a bunch of griping!!!!

help me out here, exactly what would an easter get you other than the initial chuckle it might induce?

Maybe we can ask for "Classic Party Mood" for the interior lighting. Activate it and all of the interior lighting pulses and flashes with whatever music you have playing. Would be super annoying while driving, but could be fun and entertaining while Supercharging...

Oh, and maybe the ability to watch video on the 17" screen while plugged in. That would be good.