Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey Tesla, there is a need for that NEMA 14-30 adapter still!

As a Model S/3/X owner, how would I use a NEMA 14-30 adapter (now discontinued)?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone who ordered the 14-30 adapter received it yet?
I got mine yesterday, ordered August 25, so 12 days. It shipped from Newark, California. The manufacture stamp mold says it was manufactured July 2016. It is stamped "TeslaMotors,Inc.", "208-240V-,30A", "USN14-30", "1018243-00-C". (Nitpick: why not 250V? Of course, that's Veff (Vrms), so Vpeak (Vm) is even more :p And why the bad punctuation? The errant "-" after the 240V, and the lack of spaces; the 14-50 adapter has the same punctuation, including the errant dash -- maybe it means something?)

It spurred me into getting all the charging parts necessary, and the only piece I ordered but haven't received is the HPWC. Oddly, the first thing I received was the Chademo adapter, which took 5 days to receive.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: supratachophobia
I got mine yesterday, ordered August 25, so 12 days. It shipped from Newark, California. The manufacture stamp mold says it was manufactured July 2016. It is stamped "TeslaMotors,Inc.", "208-240V-,30A", "USN14-30", "1018243-00-C". (Nitpick: why not 250V? Of course, that's Veff (Vrms), so Vpeak (Vm) is even more :p And why the bad punctuation? The errant "-" after the 240V, and the lack of spaces; the 14-50 adapter has the same punctuation, including the errant dash -- maybe it means something?)

It spurred me into getting all the charging parts necessary, and the only piece I ordered but haven't received is the HPWC. Oddly, the first thing I received was the Chademo adapter, which took 5 days to receive.
Man, they jumped on that online poll fast if production was July.....

Mine arrived today; also manufactured July 2016 (there is a circle of numbers from 1 to 12, with an arrow pointing to the 7.)

I'm thinking that the removal of the 14-30 and 10-30 adapters has spurred some other sales to owners who suddenly realized that Tesla could stop selling any of the existing accessories for our vehicles. At any time. Without prior notice. I know that I delayed buying this adapter because I didn't have a trip immediately planned where I would use it. When that trip actually happened, the adapter was no longer available and so I couldn't make use of an overnight charging opportunity. Now I'll be ready when the opportunity strikes again.

I recently ordered a front trunk mat for my P85 as well, because vehicles with the microwave-style frunk are no longer being made and it's probably just a matter of time before those accessories get phased out.

Mine arrived today; also manufactured July 2016 (there is a circle of numbers from 1 to 12, with an arrow pointing to the 7.)

I'm thinking that the removal of the 14-30 and 10-30 adapters has spurred some other sales to owners who suddenly realized that Tesla could stop selling any of the existing accessories for our vehicles. At any time. Without prior notice. I know that I delayed buying this adapter because I didn't have a trip immediately planned where I would use it. When that trip actually happened, the adapter was no longer available and so I couldn't make use of an overnight charging opportunity. Now I'll be ready when the opportunity strikes again.

I recently ordered a front trunk mat for my P85 as well, because vehicles with the microwave-style frunk are no longer being made and it's probably just a matter of time before those accessories get phased out.
They still don't make a frunk mat for dual motor cars.....

Last edited:
Can someone post their results?
IMG_4884.JPG

Hey, so, just a little PSA here. If I helped you track down a 14-30 adapter way back when, I would highly suggest that you reach out to Tesla so they know you have it. I'd rather not have to dig myself out from under a pile of 14-30 adapters and then have to track everyone down myself. But I will if that's what it takes.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and bmah
Hey, so, just a little PSA here. If I helped you track down a 14-30 adapter way back when, I would highly suggest that you reach out to Tesla so they know you have it. I'd rather not have to dig myself out from under a pile of 14-30 adapters and then have to track everyone down myself. But I will if that's what it takes.

I reached out to Tesla already and got this back:

Hello,

Since you did not purchase the adapters directly you would need to work with the individual that you purchased them from. The adapter will be sent to the customer on file that originally purchased the adapters.

Maybe if more of us reach out they will realize that that is not an appropriate response for a recall.