TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hey thanks, TMC members!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by bonnie, Oct 29, 2012.

1. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I first found TMC when I couldn't figure out how to pair my phone to the Roadster's Alpine unit (there was a magic dance involved). TMC members told me how to do it. Everytime I've had a question, someone on TMC has been able to answer it. Today I received the '12V battery service required' message and found out, courtesy of TMC members, that if I opened the charge port door, the power came off the main and I could easily unlock my door. (Tesla wil come out and swap out the 12v this week, so no issue there.)

This forum has become an insanely valuable resource for me and other EV owners. (The use of 'insanely' was purposeful. :) ). So thanks.

How about you?

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Yes! Have learned many things on here and met a lot of great people.

3. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

While I don't even own my Tesla yet, I have also gleaned an extraordinary amount of information from TMC, to prepare me for my EV ownership experience.

I must say, however, that the most valuable input I have gained is from the Roadster owners like you, Bonnie. You always project Zen-like patience in responses that say "Have faith, Tesla will do us right", in the face of every challenging situation, however large or small. And you have been right, time after time.

This lesson is one we should all take to heart, if we haven't already. I do fear that this trend of "do every customer right" will be most difficult to scale from 3000 owners to 30,000 or 300,000 owners, but I will give Tesla the benefit of the doubt in recognizing that this may be the most important secret to their success.

4. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

:) Thanks. It's easy to project that Zen-like patience when you have personal experience with customer service, Tesla-style. I think so many of us are used to companies that don't do right by their customers, that we naturally go to the 'what are they trying to pull?' interpretation. So I get why so many people are wary & distrustful.

You'll all be reassuring the next new wave of TMC forum members, waiting on their first Tesla.

5. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

Hear, hear, to that!

Bonnie, I've learned more than a thing or two about the company and the car, but more importantly about the future, about industries... an associate (if you will) degree crammed into several months. Okay, that part might be a stretch, but tons of reading, reflecting, researching sometimes... and interjecting every now and then.

6. Babylonfive

Babylonfive Power12

This has been an amazing forum.

I'd add to Bonnie's message a heartfelt thanks to all the early Signature buyers for greasing the skids for us later buyers, by finding all the bugs and getting us great software updates, etc.

Thank you.

7. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Spent three and a half years learning little bits about the Model S, Elon, Tesla, and then - suddenly - came upon the TMC Forum. Amazing. Like buying a new house...err...or a new car for that matter - whenever it actually arrives. Thanks to all.

8. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

I'm continually impressed by the breadth of experience, expertise, and intelligence of the members on this forum and the quality of information that gets shared.
    Electrical stuff? electricians and engineers like FlasherZ weigh in with real info
    Energy policy? Robert.Boston works for a utility I think
    Data analytics? timdorr and bmek track data and crank out great charts
    Legal stuff? Arnold Panz and others weigh in
    Software? tons of experts
    Production? discoducky among others
    Fisker's insurance claims? ipdamages actually works in this very field
    And then there's TEG....

Just great stuff! Thanks to all

9. Zextraterrestrial

#9 Zextraterrestrial, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    I found this place at the same time I put down my S deposit. (almost)No need for the actual Tesla site!
    I think Bonnie was the first member that I 'knew' and recognized at City Beach / the Ride event + test drive event too! (sorry I never actually said hi! just smiled)

Sweet place,here

( I am keeping pretty detailed logs of my S travels and trips that I will keep updated in 'my' thread or somewhere else.)

.oh, and Thanks to all the people making this place work!

10. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

From the investment side of things, this forum is unequalled in speed and quality of news, rumors, and analysis. Anyone out there that is trading TSLA without reading this forum is at a tremendous disadvantage.

You've all helped me make a lot of money the past two years, and embarrass a couple bears while doing it, so I add my thanks.

11. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

This forum, like Tesla's vehicles and Tesla themselves, is not perfect...but when you consider why Tesla and their cars are here, and why we're here, is one helleva big ol' dammed improvement to the alternative...

Thanks to most all of the folks who post and moderate here for the forum member's benefit...and thanks to TMC for their vision and their products...simply unparalleled and outstanding!!!

12. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Just noticed we have crossed over 10,000 members...that's quite a bunch of folks who've come to share/seek information,

13. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

We must have lost a few. I see 9997.

14. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Was very happy to find TMC after spending time on the TM forum as that forum is very limited in it's discourse. I've met some amazing people and had a great time at TESLIVE which is all due to TMC....And not to mention the amazing investment discussion!

15. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Not only have I found this site incredibly valuable for information and assistance, it was also the only way I survived that wait for my car after confirming. It's also one of the few places where my enthusiasm and passion for my car don't seem as obsessive.

Oh, and it has saved me from embarrassment on a few occasions. Like before I went to the service center to have them "fix" my auto tilt mirrors, checked here first and discovered how to set them.

16. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Need new glasses? ;-)

Untitled.jpg

17. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

This page ...

Member List - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

...was at 9997 (now at 10037) when I posted that.

Note how it's 101 less than the number you screenshotted.

And right now your location shows 10172.

So there's a discrepancy of 135 right now between the two pieces of UI. Weird.