TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hey! Vertical Doors?!?!

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by jtibble, Aug 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. jtibble

jtibble Tesla Evangelist

Alrighty, since this is the mods section of the site, I would like to propose a lambo-style vertical-door-mod be considered. The company at verticaldoors.com does various custom vertical door kits, and I wonder if the design of the Roadster would prevent or encourage the construction of vertical door kits...?

Any thoughts?

2. jtibble

jtibble Tesla Evangelist

oooop, just looked on their site.....

3. jtibble

jtibble Tesla Evangelist

I was still curious, so I asked in a blog comment....

4. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

yeah with all of the electronics bilut into the door, it would be really diffucult. Not just a matter of makeing a new door, but somehow remaking the existing door with the new capability, I'm sure with enough moeny it would be possible, but certainly not practical.

5. Takumi

Takumi Member

I prefer gull wings...

6. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

There's a company here in Texas selling remanufactured De Lorean DMC-12s. Check it. . .

http://www.delorean.com/

They start at $42,000. It would make a cool electric car, but the performance would be hinded by its weight.

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I'd hate to see someone try gull wings on a rag top.

8. JFH

JFH Member

That would kinda destroy the open top concept!