Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey Wall Connector users

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the installation manual says the Wall Connector is 6.1" wide, but realistically, with the Charging Handle inserted in the Connector, and the cable looped around the device, what is the minimum actual width I need to install the Connector?

Can one store the cord without the Handle inserted into the Connector? Or is it important that it's inserted?

If you store the handle in the connector, they (with the cable loop), you will need about 16 inches (that includes a couple of inches for your hand). I use a traffic cone as my backup guide (it's soft and flexible, so if I bump it, no scratches), and I just store the handle in that. I can't seem to figure out how to insert a photo from my hard drive...so you will have to use your imagination.

If you store the handle in the connector, they (with the cable loop), you will need about 16 inches (that includes a couple of inches for your hand). I use a traffic cone as my backup guide (it's soft and flexible, so if I bump it, no scratches), and I just store the handle in that. I can't seem to figure out how to insert a photo from my hard drive...so you will have to use your imagination. (edit, I had to log in to post pictures!)
IMG_1285.JPG
IMG_1287.JPG

I know the installation manual says the Wall Connector is 6.1" wide, but realistically, with the Charging Handle inserted in the Connector, and the cable looped around the device, what is the minimum actual width I need to install the Connector?

Can one store the cord without the Handle inserted into the Connector? Or is it important that it's inserted?
I know these are the previous gen Wall Chargers. Went a bit OCD with our dual HPWC cable management setup.
videos below in reverse order of posting.
The first one is the final state of improvement.

Tesla Wall Charger Cable Management System Upgrade.

Tesla Wall Charger Cable Management

Tesla Model 3 & Model S Load Sharing 2 HPWCs (720p)

Reactions: finky999