Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey you guys that upgraded from a MYP to a MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know... Though you used to
Beef that I have with Tesla. Still didn't prevent me from finally ordering a car, though I'll admit I still did have some reservations based on the lack of making it "my own" and the fact that seemingly every other car on the road is a Tesla. At least the S is a bit different from the seas of 3s and Ys.

Does anyone know if/when Tesla will start offering more customization, especially in the higher-end models? Sunroofs, more exterior colors, option to select different interior trim packages, etc?
Never.....
As long as they are selling as is.
X and S are minimal sales and only around for posterity stated by Elon himself.

I know... Though you used to
Beef that I have with Tesla. Still didn't prevent me from finally ordering a car, though I'll admit I still did have some reservations based on the lack of making it "my own" and the fact that seemingly every other car on the road is a Tesla. At least the S is a bit different from the seas of 3s and Ys.

Does anyone know if/when Tesla will start offering more customization, especially in the higher-end models? Sunroofs, more exterior colors, option to select different interior trim packages, etc?
I have my Model S Plaid being delivered May 31, and it will directly get Xpel Satin PPF and rose gold painted calipers. Figure that will make it a bit different than the rest.

Reactions: SilverGS
I have my Model S Plaid being delivered May 31, and it will directly get Xpel Satin PPF and rose gold painted calipers. Figure that will make it a bit different than the rest.
Edit, no delivery... driver side front and rear doors where out of alignment and someone had attempted to adjust them with I'm guessing a hammer because there are strike marks on the hinges and missing paint where the hinges moved.... Had to postpone my PPF appointment.

Greetings,

I'm considering an upgrade from my MYP to a new MS. I've been trying to do a test drive, but my local dealer has not had one available for a while. There are a couple of things that I'm interested in, that maybe you guys with experience can expound upon.
  • Seats. The first time I ever sat in an S, I thought the seats fit my body better than my 911. In fact, my butt and back just fit perfectly. So was I just enamored by the "tesla" or is it real? The MYP has nice seats, but they sit a little higher from the ground and feel to me like I'm sitting on top of them as opposed to feeling like a glove. Are they more of a fitted seat or what is the consensus?
  • Road Noise. The MYP is a great car, but I would like a little more elegance to the drive. After you've proven your abilities driving the same 30 miles every day (and seeing the same guys going back and forth to their offices) I'm pining for a little softer and quieter ride.
The S has already been thoroughly romanticized in my mind, I'm just looking for some possible dose of reality to back it up.

Thanks.
Dan

Not 100% what you are asking, but I went from a Model Y LR to a Plaid. (Had a P90D before that.)

I think all three cars had comfortable seats, but I would say the Model Y was worse than both Model S. It’s been about a year since I sat in my ‘14, but I think the Plaid seats are more comfortable than all three. Certainly “better” to me with the added features. I really like the ventilated seats.

Road noise was a huge issue in my P90D. It sounded like a wind tunnel all of the time. Tesla attempted some fixes, but it was never really very good. It was one of the top things I hated about the car. The Model Y was much better. My Plaid is by far the quietest of the tree by a noticeable margin.

I also really like the new suspension. My P90D had the + suspension still, and while I’m used to performance cars with a rough ride. The Plaid is a nice change. It is noticeably smoother. Nicer than the MY as well, but my comparison won’t be apples to apples for you since your Y is a performance.

Finally got my S last week. Could not be happier. Thanks for all the input.
02E13566-FF6D-4793-8399-E1D292A24DC1.jpeg

Congratulations Dan! Hopefully you haven’t been impacted by Ian. Flew down last weekend with my son before his classes restarted at Ringling College and we drove out to Siesta Key Friday night to eat at the Hub (his favorite joint). It was still boarded up, so we ate next door at MVPs… lots of electric trucks were still out working. Around the school very minimal damage… out on the key, lots of piles of cut trees, limbs, palm Fran’s, etc… Understand that south county was hit much harder…

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDanSRQ
I live in sarasota about 3 miles from the siesta public beach, and we were in the lucky bucket. My office is in Venice and it still looks like a hurricane went thru down there. Then friends in north port with tons of damage.

Lots of prep and early warning for these storms, but you just never know how bad you’re going to get hit until it happens.

Thanks for the kind words.