TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hi All! Another female Tesla owner in the house

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JustSam, Jul 14, 2015.

1. JustSam

JustSam Member

A year and a half ago, my colleagues and I talked about Teslas and I thought, way out of my league!

Almost after Mother's Day last year, the husband and I joked about getting a Tesla and I thought, no way in the world!
    That weekend, he went for a test drive on Sat morning without telling me. Came home, asked if I want to test drive and I was like, sure..for fun!
    Sunday morning, we went for a test drive and lo and behold, he brought a checkbook and made out the check for its deposit. I was like...hm, ok (best and most chilled wife in the world award goes to me!)

Four months later, we greeted our beautiful midnight blue/blacklish Model S in the Fremont factory. The fourth most beautiful sight for me (aside from husband, and our two kids)!

Proud owner for almost a year now..sigh.

We're already talking about the model x being our second --- but maybe a few years from now.

2. roblab

roblab Active Member

This is great!

Although I was mainly responsible for going the Tesla route, as it seems was also your husband, my wifey has always been on board and brags almost as unashamedly as I do. If I wander in an hour late after going to the store for milk, all I have to do is say, "Tesla time", and she understands.

Best car in the world. Best wife in the world (well, in this house).

3. JustSam

JustSam Member

Oh agreed!! lol, Tesla & Me time is very much valued in our household! and I too, shameless brags about it!!

4. Canuck

Canuck Active Member

Welcome aboard and thanks for another "we were just going to test drive it for fun" to "we then ended up buying it" thread. There's more than a few of those here and they're always fun to read.

5. muleferg

muleferg Member

Welcome. Thanks for sharing.

6. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

See? This is exactly why I'm actively avoiding a test drive right now - at least until they get the kinks out of the X and I get my finances together. :)