Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi! Another O.C. California resident here that just reserved a 40kWh.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi friends. I've been watching this whole Tesla thing for a while now. I was a big fan of the roadster (which might have something to do with why I bought an Elise) but after that whole new york times B.S., I decided it was time to put my money where my mouth is and support this company. I left my reserve deposit about a week ago and have been stressed about exactly which car to finalize but I think I've finally made up my mind on

Grey 40kWh
Panor roof
upgraded sound system (music is kinda my "thing")

This car is just barely out of my price range so I'm really scraping buy to make this plunge so I'm hesitantly NOT ordering the tech package. Does anyone here want to try to sell me on it? Or make me feel better for not getting it? Turn by turn navi would be nice but on a computer that runs linux and google apps, won't someone find a way to run a "hack" or an aftermarket app that gives you turn by turn navi? I have an android phone with hotspotting and bluetooth so can't I run my phone navi with turn by turn through the car audio?

Xenon's would be nice but for 3,700 I cant justify it. I'll do aftermarket xenon's one day maybe.

I could care less about HD camera or power rear lift.

Can someone explain the difference between the keyless auto entry and the standard version without the tech pack? You still get that funny little "remote" in the shape of the car? You can still use the remote the same way as with the tech package? the only difference is the door handles automatically pop out on the tech package version?

I would like to run an aftermarket sub/amp. I've done this on allll my cars before and i'm pretty comfortable with the audio/video installs but I've never done it on an electric car! Do I need to worry about the power drain?

Here's a silly question.. I can't seem to fine the "finalize" button on my tesla dashboard? Was my desposit somehow not reflected on my dashboard yet or something? I tried following the link in the email and can't find it.

Thanks!

Xenon's would be nice but for 3,700 I cant justify it. I'll do aftermarket xenon's one day maybe.

Unless you change reflectors, aftermarket HIDs are annoying to every other motorist and illegal in many places. Either get the tech package or do without.

The power rear lift will save you hundreds of dollars in repairs if your garage is low because you can set the height that it automatically opens to.

Can someone explain the difference between the keyless auto entry and the standard version without the tech pack?

The main difference is that the handles automatically pop out without you having to press on them. The remote is the same.

I would like to run an aftermarket sub/amp. I've done this on allll my cars before and i'm pretty comfortable with the audio/video installs but I've never done it on an electric car! Do I need to worry about the power drain?

The car draws 10kWh at a minimum to run. Other than the cabin heater the other subsystems don't even register.

Here's a silly question.. I can't seem to fine the "finalize" button on my tesla dashboard? Was my desposit somehow not reflected on my dashboard yet or something? I tried following the link in the email and can't find it.

Tesla's website is not the best. Call or email.

Hi friends. I've been watching this whole Tesla thing for a while now. I was a big fan of the roadster (which might have something to do with why I bought an Elise) but after that whole new york times B.S., I decided it was time to put my money where my mouth is and support this company. I left my reserve deposit about a week ago and have been stressed about exactly which car to finalize but I think I've finally made up my mind on

Grey 40kWh
Panor roof
upgraded sound system (music is kinda my "thing")

This car is just barely out of my price range so I'm really scraping buy to make this plunge so I'm hesitantly NOT ordering the tech package. Does anyone here want to try to sell me on it? Or make me feel better for not getting it? Turn by turn navi would be nice but on a computer that runs linux and google apps, won't someone find a way to run a "hack" or an aftermarket app that gives you turn by turn navi? I have an android phone with hotspotting and bluetooth so can't I run my phone navi with turn by turn through the car audio?

Can someone explain the difference between the keyless auto entry and the standard version without the tech pack? You still get that funny little "remote" in the shape of the car? You can still use the remote the same way as with the tech package? the only difference is the door handles automatically pop out on the tech package version?

Thanks!

Hi Fellow OC'r,

I didn't get tech package and I don't regret it. White 60kwh with Superc delivered 2/14. 3k miles driven so far. Love the car.

For me, the tech package is nice but wasnt essential:

Xenons are nice but I can live without
TBT Nav nice but I can use iOS (Siri) and I'm mainly local
Lift gate: my wife would want it. I'm okay without
Homelink: I've got a separate garage door opener. Oh well
Profiles: I'm the principle driver. Wife drives it only rarely. She'll drive model X mainly. ;-)
Parking & Lane sensor: I'd like to have but not avail yet