TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hi First post

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by nuckles, Aug 3, 2017.

1. nuckles

nuckles New Member

Have been reading the forum for awhile , and decided to sign up and post. I love Tesla but could not afford a model s.
    I am a workshop controller for a Holden dealer , so I bought a Holden volt. Love my volt daily driving and I never need to use the petrol engine. Sad that we did not sell many. Now I am looking at getting a model 3 and have about a year by the looks to save a good deposit. Will post another thread on my thoughts on a model 3.

• Like x 1
  2. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

Welcome to the forum, from the opposite side of the world :)

3. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

4. tccartier

tccartier Member

Welcome! And FYI I too bought a Volt after there were no 40KW Model S cars to be had in 2013. Still driving my Volt today four years later. It has been an excellent vehicle and performs better than advertised. My solution for getting a Model S was to wait until the cars "came to me". I'm two weeks away from taking delivery of a CPO 2012 Signature M/S Vin# 00162 which is optioned just the way I wanted right down to the color and interior wood trim.

Hopefully you can get a Model 3 sooner than later!!

5. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

Hi & welcome,
    Are you still in Townsville? We're getting a Tesla showroom in Brisvegas soon, but presuming you'll be heading this way for your delivery might be a chance to catch up with you then. According to the mytesla page, our delivery will be early 2019 now...but like you say, more time to sort out the finances, and you will have an electrified drive home, even if the last supercharger is Gympie (hoping not by then of course).

6. gcgp

gcgp Member

Welcome! I too have a Volt, driven it around 80k in a little less than 4 years. Sadly it now has to go. We have no need for 3 cars. Would you know what the resale value of a 2013 Volt might be?

7. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Welcome! (I just responded to your other post)

At least you have a Volt, which is a great car, and you're getting all the EV driving benefits from it (i.e., WAAAAAAY better than an ICE).

8. nuckles

nuckles New Member

Pricing is hard not a lot sold here ( about 400 for what I have heard) Should be able to get about $25k.

9. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Hi @knuckles good to see a GM service employee taking an interest in their electric vehicles.
    The attitude of the dealers was the main reason I didn't go with a Volt.
    Welcome to the forum.

10. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Welcome to the forum.
    I would have purchased a Volt in Newcastle a few years back, but the dealer seemed annoyed by the suggestion.
    I still think it's got a cool interior.
    You'll enjoy your 3 when it gets here...

11. brendon1970

brendon1970 Member

We have one of each, I guess the Volt was a gateway drug to the S. Love 'em both - totally different cars though.