Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi from a new member

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I have made my reservation on a Model X back in September, my number is in the 1750's (leave a little bit privacy here...). I live in Woodbury, Irvine, OC, Canifornia.

I was so happy when I found this forum today, I've been looking for a place to ask questions and exchange information with other Tesla owners or to-be owners. I'm sure I will post again very soon. :)

Thanks for the warm greeting, Bonnie. It's either I am too dumb to find out how to edit my post, or this function hasn't been opened to new member yet. I just registered a few minutes before posting.

My 1st question here is -- When can we see a Model X in a showroom in LA / OC ? I believe there is (at least) one out there touring different showrooms, I just saw a post of one in NJ.

My 2nd question: Exactly what rebate / refund programs are California buyers eligible for? I was kind of upset when I found the $2500 CVRP (California Vehicle Rebate Project) two week ago, which my Tesla salesman never mentioned to me.

Welcome and congratulations on the Model X reservation! I believe that the Model X prototype ("the mule") has been making the rounds of various Tesla showrooms - I don't believe that they've announced a schedule as to when it's going to be where. Having said that, there is no guarantee that the actual car is going to be the same as the prototype - some parts of the design may change before it actually gets released. Therefore, please don't place TOO much stock on the appearance of the current Model X, both on the website and in the showroom.

Congrats on the reservation and welcome! Try not to get too hooked on the forums or your productivity is sure to plummet. I'm hoping that, once my Model S arrives, I'll be able to get back to being a consistently diligent worker!

OH, and I also have an X Reservation.

Thanks for the warm greeting, Bonnie. It's either I am too dumb to find out how to edit my post, or this function hasn't been opened to new member yet. I just registered a few minutes before posting.

My 1st question here is -- When can we see a Model X in a showroom in LA / OC ? I believe there is (at least) one out there touring different showrooms, I just saw a post of one in NJ.

My 2nd question: Exactly what rebate / refund programs are California buyers eligible for? I was kind of upset when I found the $2500 CVRP (California Vehicle Rebate Project) two week ago, which my Tesla salesman never mentioned to me.

Why were you upset over the $2500 rebate? That's a bonus!

As far as we know, before today, there was only one model X in existence (the mule car), which has toured around, but not with any published schedule. Tesla revealed a second design prototype at the Detroit Auto Show today. Currently there are no scheduled future appearances for either car. If anyone on the forum hears otherwise, I'd expect it to be posted here.

The CVRP only has limited funds. At current redemption rates, the existing program will be depleted of funds long before the Model X is available for purchase. It's certainly possible that California could renew the CVRP program, but it was safer for the salesman not to mention the existing program.

We were just chatting about 2014 in general.

Obviously not a promise. So here's what I'd do, if I were you. Put your deposit down for the X. If the incentive is a go/no go point for you, let the deposit ride until you know that the funds will (or won't) be available.

No sense putting any more thought into it than that right now. :)