TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Hi from Santa Rosa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Big Amps, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Big Amps

Big Amps Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I just got my S85 on 8/12. Sold a BMW M3 and Catalina 42 sailboat to swing the deal.

Got the dark blue metallic, panoramic glass roof, tech and sound packages, active air, 19" rims. The 21s look great but my wife and curbs have too much attraction. Got the Grey leather.

I'm a car guy. BMW has been my marque of choice. Also have a Solstice and a Mazda CX9 for hauling the dogs and boat. The Model S is by far the most pleasurable car yet. So far I have not found a thing I don't love. Tesla has raised the bar!

The day after I picked up the car at the factory I drove up to Tahoe from Santa Rosa (a little over 200 miles). I stopped at the Folsom supercharger and when I got back from lunch I had a full charge. What a trip those superchargers are. I was getting close to 300 volts DC and around 300 amps!

I also got solar panels installed and a 240v outlet installed in the garage. My utility company PG&E has a special rate for EV so I charge the car after midnight. So far my fuel is free. Or at least will be in five years when the system pays for itself.

By the way, I bought the outdoor car cover from Tesla. $400 seemed crazy expensive but it is a great cover. It's lined on the inside with soft cotton. Highly recommended.

See you on the highway.