Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi from South Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An Ameri-Brit here from South FL. New to this site and Tesla as well. After having read all the motor press noise about the "T" and watched those YouTube clips I finally had a test drive today at the Dania Beach, FL store in a red Model S P85. What a car! I was thinking of a BMW or Merc but after this, they seem pale in comparison. Decisions, decisions...

It's very tempting. I'm also looking at putting solar panels on roof of my house which might help make the decision easier :wink: I can't understand why people living in FL don't make more use of free solar energy? I've seen more solar use in the UK! Has anybody tried this and does it actually charge the car for free?

An Ameri-Brit here from South FL. New to this site and Tesla as well. After having read all the motor press noise about the "T" and watched those YouTube clips I finally had a test drive today at the Dania Beach, FL store in a red Model S P85. What a car! I was thinking of a BMW or Merc but after this, they seem pale in comparison. Decisions, decisions...

It's very tempting. I'm also looking at putting solar panels on roof of my house which might help make the decision easier :wink: I can't understand why people living in FL don't make more use of free solar energy? I've seen more solar use in the UK! Has anybody tried this and does it actually charge the car for free?

Welcome to the forums.

You may be interested to know that we have a Florida sub-forum.

With regard to the sluggish Florida market for solar I believe it has to do with the the lack of incentives offered by the state of Florida and the state's poor track record when it did offer incentives.

Perhaps another Ameri-Brit can elaborate. Nigel, are you out there?

Larry

Going for test drive today; have questions about carrying a charger..

Going for test drive today; have questions about carrying a charger..

Robecology

Thanks Larry and all you other T drivers. I agree about FL (non) incentives for solar and other alternative forms of energy. I think the scheme lasted a bare 2 years. Maybe Rick Scott has money invested in Big Oil? :wink:

holstein13: I don't think I need much more convincing! 42Kw?! That should be enough to run your office, house the T and most of your neighborhood as well :biggrin:

I maybe close to ordering. Just checking out insurance costs atm. So far GEICO quoted about $1200 per 6 months. That includes the current mode of transport, a leased (till next year) 2011 Hyundai Elantra. Waiting to hear what my current insurer Allstate come up with.

Well today, I plonked down $5k deposit on an 85Kw Model S so I shall soon be a member of the exclusive Tesla Club :smile: Another South FL T driver!

Congrats bret! I, too just put the $5k down; getting a white S with the black sunroof...Robecology

Hi Robert,

Congratulations!

I know you sent me a private message regarding joining our club, but I'm having difficulty accessing and responding to that message.

Please send me an email to [email protected], with your full name, screen name and city and I will forward some club materials to you.

Regards,

Larry Chanin
Founder, Florida Tesla Motors Club