Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi, I’m a short seller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hypergrowth company fires 9% of workforce
See this is your problem. Every headline or news item you look deep and hard with a negative lens to justify your short position. Classic example of confirmation bias.

The actual headline is: Hypergrowth company aims to get to profitability, by ramping up production and cutting unneeded workforce. This workforce reduction should actually scare the bears. The profits are coming.

Your FUD and spin will fool some bears some of the time. But it is very easy to see through it.

When you ignore the context, you fail to grasp the reality of the situation. Below per the man himself:

"To ensure that Tesla is well prepared for the future, we have been undertaking a thorough reorganization of our company. As part of the reorg, we are flattening the management structure to improve communication, combining functions where sensible and trimming activities that are not vital to the success of our mission."

Your lies, spin and deceit will only get you so far. Those flames are gonna burn.

And considering the hiring they’ve done this year & continue to do— primarily for the Model 3– I suspect that, even after these layoffs, they’ll have more employees than they did at the start of the year. This is more about allocation of resources.

See this is your problem. Every headline or news item you look deep and hard with a negative lens to justify your short position. Classic example of confirmation bias.

The actual headline is: Hypergrowth company aims to get to profitability, by ramping up production and cutting unneeded workforce. This workforce reduction should actually scare the bears. The profits are coming.

Your FUD and spin will fool some bears some of the time. But it is very easy to see through it.
I'm sure in his head he is thinking how that the layoff news improved his position by 12 points today.

Reactions: felipey
And considering the hiring they’ve done this year & continue to do— primarily for the Model 3– I suspect that, even after these layoffs, they’ll have more employees than they did at the start of the year. This is more about allocation of resources.
a company launching a new product on massive scale will have more employees this year than last year

are you sure you want to go out on that limb?

basically 4 pieces

1) Tesla can't make any money producing the cars they produce, this has never been proven as untrue
2) Tesla competition will destroy them as they cant make money selling 100k+cars and no competition, how are they going to make money selling 50k cars with competition?
3) Tesla uses non standard industry practices to hide what their true financial condition is
4) Tesla has no competitive advantage in any area, they buy their batteries, their autopilot software is terrible, and they cant make cars more efficiently than the majors

Thanks for at least trying to articulate it. My response is:

1) and 2): what time horizon is your frame of reference? Amazon: Nearly 20 Years In Business And It Still Doesn't Make Money, But Investors Don't Seem To Care

Also, do you think corporate decision-makers have a duty to maximize profits? or to maximize enterprise value? Do you understand the difference? Jeff Bezos does. I suspect Musk does as well. AMZN and TSLA shorts probably don't.

3) GAAP is GAAP and their accounting policies are what they are. What specifically do think is a hidden financial condition?

4) Elektroautos: Tesla Model 3 kann mit Gewinn gebaut werden

Last edited:
honestly it made me realize why the incessant pumping of rocket cars and FSD that will never come was going on. I really didnt get it, but it was to pump knowing this news was coming.

imagine this news at 280?
Yet anyone who was paying attention has known about this since Elon talked about "barnacles on barnacles" needing to be cleaned up; starting with contractors, in the Q1 conference call on May 2nd.

Edit: "Honestly"

Last edited:
This image was posted by @Sprandt23 in an unrelated thread. I really think it belongs here.
084A5B3B-FA81-4431-A5AE-617B2FB4DF25.png

I truly don't understand the shorts.
Here we have a man, Elon, who 10 Years ago started selling his first electric Roadster, during one of the worst economic downturns since the great depression.
Tesla was able to live through that, and 10 years later has 3 more models, one which sold over 500k in preorders.

In the same time he's started SpaceX and the company.

And you shorts REALLY think he's going to allow Tesla to go bankrupt.

You're really that delisional?
I guess that's what happens when you are used to looking at numbers on paper.
You forget the human element.

Just like with Apple and Jobs, Elon will be the sole reason Tesla not only survives, but explodes over the next decade.

The first proof will come July 1st.

Any startup that was able to survive 10 years ago during an absolutely horrendous economy, will have no problem living through a boom.

Im going to keep my posts in very few threads for the time being (even though they are aggressively deleted even when they are completely rational questions)

I have a question for people with Model 3 deposits.

Can I ask you why you have a deposit down for a model 3 at this point?

Do you think you will be able to benefit from the FIT Credit or maybe get in before the FIT credit goes away?

Do you do it for moral reasons? Just a big believer in Tesla and want to show your support?

Why wouldnt you wait until the production level is up so you can actually buy one and get it quickly instead of laying out cash fora long period of time (and its not refundable in BK)

Very curious what the purpose is to have a deposit down as of now, especially if you plan on buying a sub 40k version of the model 3. I would love to start a thread on this, but it would probably be deleted.

I honestly feel bad if some of you never get your money back

• Funny
Reactions: Don TLR and bhzmark