Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi, I’m a short seller

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sustainable

Honeslty tho it doesnt matter, i dont think they make money on their cars. Build a million cars in 40 tents i dont really care. They cant do it profitably. All evidence suggests this. If you think Tesla is going to be profitable loading cars on forklifts onto lines built in tents, well not sure what to tell you.
If you think that Tesla is actually building cars that way, I could see your point. They are not though so you are wrong.

There are lots, there, I am gonna go with Your logical fallacy is personal incredulity

You don't believe it? Well, it MUST be true lol. Because something hasn't been done doesn't mean it can't be done. Your troll-fu is getting weaker, it's like you don't even care to try to impress us with your troll skills any more. Have you given up, and this is just your last "maybe I'll sucker in a newbie" troll or are you really just a bad troll?

Not sustainable

Honeslty tho it doesnt matter, i dont think they make money on their cars. Build a million cars in 40 tents i dont really care. They cant do it profitably. All evidence suggests this. If you think Tesla is going to be profitable loading cars on forklifts onto lines built in tents, well not sure what to tell you.
Does that mean you'll be loading up on more shorts?

Not sustainable

Actually, it's been proven they do make profit on their cars.

Not sustainable

Interesting imagination.
So if they are able to sustain 5k, burst 6k for Q3 and come within striking distance of cash flow positive, at which point do you cover your short position?
$400
$450
$500
Do you have a game plan if your thesis is wrong?

Not sustainable

But the fork lift loads the cars so fast that it takes a strobe light to see the motion!

Is anyone else at all nervous to put down a non refundable 2.5k deposit right now?

Reports are that they opened this up to everyone.

So a cash incineration company that is running extremely low on cash and has leveraged every asset they can, now wants you to give them 2.5k, non refundable to build a car that their CEO said they would die if they produced no more than a monthish ago.

Does no one find that odd?

If you think Tesla is going to be profitable loading cars on forklifts onto lines built in tents, well not sure what to tell you.

If you don't comprehend these "tents" are a proven structure used to build complex machinery within, well not sure what to tell you.

Tesla tent helps crank out 5k Model 3s this week
While some manufacturing experts call it "insanity,” Dr. Fred Barez doesn't. He’s the director of Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technology at San Jose State. He said the big military camp style structure is used throughout the world mainly to manufacture aircraft.

Is anyone else at all nervous to put down a non refundable 2.5k deposit right now?

So a cash incineration company that is running extremely low on cash and has leveraged every asset they can, now wants you to give them 2.5k, non refundable to build a car that their CEO said they would die if they produced no more than a monthish ago.

@Reality have you ever purchased a vehicle? do you understand what a down payment is?

further, what is your forecast, prediction, prognosis, whatever you want to call it, for tesla?

short term or long term, doesn’t matter. please describe.

youve said you are here to hear what people have to say, to try to understand what makes people bullish on tesla, and you get that and more in many cases.

yet you won’t give us your big picture thoughts on tesla. i mean your own thinking, i would really love to hear it, and i’m trying to be open minded.

but i think you’d rather harp on some semi-debatable tidbits here and there and repeat some of the many things we have shoved in our face by media every day. non-starters, nonsense, fact-skewing, spin, etc, etc

or perhaps you are a puppet with no ideas of your own, or no clue.

STOP insinuating that tesla is going to steal peoples down payments.

the moderator should bounce your sorry butt

Also I cant confirm that all models were invited, but my understandings is the SR battery option is available
Why don't you do everyone a favor and stop posting? And do yourself a favor and quit your positions in Tesla.
You just keep on showing you don't understand anything. Your understanding is incorrect as usual, the SR battery option is still not available.
And the non refundable deposit in order to guarantee that Tesla will build a custom made car according to your options has been standard for Tesla. It's even more expensive for the Model S and X, and no one seemed to fear depositing it before. The CEO said they would die if they started selling the SR battery before the Long range one. They are not producing the SR one yet.

"Poor manufacturing capabilities"

As soon as I read this, I got worried and I ran to my garage to take a fresh look at my Model 3, and was stunned.

With this level of "Poor manufacturing capabilities" if Tesla can produce a car with close to zero defects (except a few software related annoyances), I can't imagine how amazing it will be as they get better and better at it.