Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi, Model 3 rear seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I’m newbie here, im looking at ordering a model 3. We are expecting a new born and was wondering if we’re able to comfortably fit a car seat in the rear seats with enough room for two teenagers in the back too?
(Hopefully you haven’t seen a million posts like this)

Thanks
Tim

My teens would say “no” on this. Rear facing car seat fits best in outboard position (latch), leaving one unlucky passenger to squeeze between car seat and other outboard passenger. If the 7-seater Y had been available in ‘19, that’s what I’d be driving today.

To be fair, I can bring 3 of my kids in my M3 - including outboard car seat - for recreation trips, but they’ll bicker about it.

Upvote 0
I dont have 2 teenagers to carry around, but the rear seat is just as large as any other car in this body segment (e.g. Audi A4).

Do have to note that I don't like the isofix anchors that are obscured behind the seat padding. Prefer anchors that are more visibly exposed in other cars.

Reactions: Gasaraki
Upvote 0
I dont have 2 teenagers to carry around, but the rear seat is just as large as any other car in this body segment (e.g. Audi A4).

Do have to note that I don't like the isofix anchors that are obscured behind the seat padding. Prefer anchors that are more visibly exposed in other cars.

+1 to both of these points; my prior car actually was am A4 Avant and the seating width is about the same (though lack of center tunnel in Tesla makes middle seat less obnoxious). And yes, those anchors are hard to get at.

Upvote 0
Depends, if you compare it to class leaders like BMW3 / 4 series (2019+ G generation) and/or Mercedes C, then the Tesla Model 3 is actually more spacious when it comes to the rear seats. With Audi A4 it's parity pretty much. If you come from an SUV (CX5 / X3 / Q5, etc) - then its similar, but it's a lower entry (height wise) and more narrow rear door opening, but quite doable. 2 kids probably a no go. One kid - go for it

Upvote 0
I have a Golf and manage with a 1 year old (Rear facing) & and 3 year old (front facing) in Graco 4Ever and manage. I don't see why the 3 couldn't handle both as the rear space is bigger. Also sat behind my seating position (in the 3) and I was ok (6'2").

Why the obsession for CUV/SUV in NA is beyond my comprehension.

Upvote 0
I have a Golf and manage with a 1 year old (Rear facing) & and 3 year old (front facing) in Graco 4Ever and manage. I don't see why the 3 couldn't handle both as the rear space is bigger. Also sat behind my seating position (in the 3) and I was ok (6'2").

taller seat from ground is more ergonomically placed to lift child and seat (less bending over), and more storage in rear compared to sedan trunk for stroller and myriad of stuff that needs to be carried

Upvote 0

He has a car seat and two teens. They’ll be packed like sardines and the belts will be incredibly difficult to buckle. I’m 6’ and I have trouble with my seat coming in contact with the baby seat. Always had to put the baby on the passenger side. When we had 3 kids we had to get a van. You need the room once you need to drive the kids and their friends to soccer/footie practice. :D

Upvote 0