Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hidden buttons lower right corner on mobile view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These dang buttons have screwed me up several times while posting or browsing. Type out a long response, accidentally tap something in the lower right corner of the text window and get shot out to the home page, losing everything written.

Can these either be removed or made visible?

Android/Chrome browser.

What are you trying to tap when you hit the button?
Many times when I have a long response typed out the text goes down to the lower right corner of the screen. Then if I tap to edit a typo like here I end up hitting the button.

Screenshot_20200224-190645.png

This definitely doesn't happen with iOS/Chrome. I'll try to emulate later on Android.

But it appears that Android/Chrome moves those buttons up to the bottom of the visible screen when the keyboard is active, instead of leaving them on the bottom of the viewport under the keyboard. The other thing that's strange is both those red buttons should only scroll you to the top or bottom of the current page. They shouldn't reloading the page or launching a different page.

Reactions: destructure00
Yeah it's weird that they kick me back to the home page. While just browsing it's more of an inconvenience but after typing out a reply and getting booted (with my incomplete reply not being saved), most of the time I just give up and don't bother retyping everything.

I'd appreciate you guys helping to troubleshoot this issue.

However, the system should be saving a draft every 10 seconds, so you shouldn't lose most of your work if you go back to the thread and try to reply again. The draft is currently kept for 3 days.

Am I doing something wrong to retrieve the draft? When I tap one of the hidden buttons and get sent to the home screen, then hit back in the browser to return to the page I was on, there is nothing saved. I just tested by typing something, waited for the "draft saved" message to appear, tapped lower right corner, got sent out of thread, hit back button, and no draft retrieved.

Am I doing something wrong to retrieve the draft? When I tap one of the hidden buttons and get sent to the home screen, then hit back in the browser to return to the page I was on, there is nothing saved. I just tested by typing something, waited for the "draft saved" message to appear, tapped lower right corner, got sent out of thread, hit back button, and no draft retrieved.

When you 'hit back' to return to the page you were on, just hit 'refresh/reload' and the saved draft should re-appear.

Reactions: destructure00