Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hidden Tesla phone cable trick and best mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, just realised you can slot a charging cable under the centre console and under the steering wheel dash. Also found best position for dash mount. See attached! Looks so neat, and phone charges wirelessly. Wohoo

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191022_125342.jpg
    MVIMG_20191022_125342.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 550
You can slide the cable under the console, it is a slot just for a cable and it looks hidden. Did anyone know about this feature?

Did you check the steering wheel adjustment before doing this? I guess if you are the only driver and aren't likely to adjust it is OK but if you set another driver profile they could change the position. May also want to check easy entry (exit?) setting to make sure it does not try and squash the cable.

Did you check the steering wheel adjustment before doing this? I guess if you are the only driver and aren't likely to adjust it is OK but if you set another driver profile they could change the position. May also want to check easy entry (exit?) setting to make sure it does not try and squash the cable.

Thanks for the tip - yes I think the slits under the left leg on the console goes all the way from the left to under the dash, it looks like these slits are for a cable as it fits so perfectly! Not sure about the steering wheel though