Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hide the large speed number in the speedometer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I love the speedometer, I don't really like the large digits showing my speed. Especially when my child can see it and starts to say things about hypothetical speeds he may or may not have seen the numbers go up to.

Any thoughts on this? Am I just nuts?

I've used the kilometers one as well. Or you can tell them it's your energy thermometer, and let them think it's temperature related. Or just say what my parents said to me, "children should be seen not heard" then threaten a beating.

I say switch it to km and let them tell everyone you regularly drive triple digits!

At least the numbers will be (mostly) comically huge and no body will take your kids seriously.

I know my dad told me his tach was his speedo when I was really little. I was thinking we were going 30-40 when we were probably going 80+.

While I love the speedometer, I don't really like the large digits showing my speed. Especially when my child can see it and starts to say things about hypothetical speeds he may or may not have seen the numbers go up to.

you should have got the rear children's seat option. no way they can see the speedo if they are facing backward.

I take it your kids aren't old enough to know how to read a speedometer, but they are old enough to read numbers? Otherwise I'm not sure why the numbers matter, since the speed on your previous car (unless this is your first) was also easy to tell, and without the number, it's still easy to tell roughly how fast you're going. Or are you just over by a few miles? Shoot, my parents raised us that 5 miles over was okay. ;-) Just raise him like I was raised, then don't go over 5 miles over (or replace "5" with "however fast you go over the speed limit" ;-) ).

You could always just tell your child he's hypothetically grounded unless he stops commenting on hypothetical numbers he sees....

Disclaimer: I don't have kids and I like the large number. :-D

- - - Updated - - -

you should have got the rear children's seat option. no way they can see the speedo if they are facing backward.

P.S. But I do like this answer. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I have the opposite problem, because my kid's 30. "it's *MADE* to go faster, dad!" "He wants to race you! Just show him a little something!" Etc etc

...and LOVE this answer...your kid's right! ;-) "Just show him a little something," LOL....