TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hiding the aero covers in the app and in car display

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by stonelance, Aug 13, 2018.

1. stonelance

stonelance Member

I recently picked up my Model 3 with aero wheels and removed the aero covers the second I got home. I'm curious if there is a way to change which wheels\covers are shown in the app? It is super minor, but it would be cool if the car and what is shown in the app and in car display would match.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Ur avatar is based on option codes ..have the SC update for you next time u go in

3. gavine

gavine Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast

I'm surprised that there is an option code for the naked aero's. Cool.

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Don’t think there is one for naked Aeros there is one for the other wheels (19,20) that’s what u would need to ask SC about changing

5. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Your picture didn't update when you took the covers off? You must not have the most recent software update yet! ;) :D

• Funny x 5
  6. Frieda’s Boss

Frieda’s Boss Model 3 AWD Silver Metallic

6647F706-47A5-4019-9D2C-9C67D312DB17.jpeg :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I’d really like to see this too! Have you contacted Tesla about this as a Feature Request? I’m about to send a note via the account page as well as post something in the App Store.

On a similar note: My car is Silver Metallic, but the color of the car in the app is closer to White while the color of the car in my Account is closer to Midnight Silver, so it would be nice to adjust that color too (now I’m pushing it, I know :rolleyes:)

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. Brenzo

Brenzo Member

Glad I'm not the only one that has thought of this. Even gone so far as to tap on the car picture and press/hold on the tires to see if some Easter egg would change them.

• Funny x 2
  8. bradl

bradl Member

Same here. My delivery person said, "Hey, your car is silver but the app car is white. You should [call and] ask them to change it." I haven't called but did ask if it was possible under Ask A Question on my account page.

9. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Member

My app doesn't show the supermodels that usually take up all the seats in my car. Can I request that too? ;)

• Funny x 2
  10. bradl

bradl Member

I didn't configure with the supermodels and now after delivery I see the cost to add them is unreasonable. :(

• Funny x 4
  11. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

That is crazy, mine is black in all three. I assumed everyone’s app matched the car. It would be cool if it sensed Aeros covers on and off so that mine looked like my car.