TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

High Back Booster for Model S? Cybex, Diono or Maxi Cosi?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sheenn, Sep 15, 2017.

1. sheenn

sheenn Member

Anyone find a HIGH BACK booster that has worked for them? I've seen a lot of old threads debating backless boosters and seat belt extenders -- please let's not rehash that. I'm just wondering with new car seats coming out every year, has anyone found a high back booster that works with the seatbelt path and NO seat belt extenders. Especially interested to hear if anyone has successfully used a Maxi Cost Rodifix or any of the Cybex seats as they all seem to have a narrow base. I have a Clek Oobr which doesn't work because of the tilted-forward headrest and the fact that it blocks the seatbelt. I've also used a backless booster for several months now (Chicco GoFit Backless) but my daughter is complaining that her back hurts and she would like a headrest, and I am thinking now I'd feel better with side impact protection.

Or those with a Diono RXT: does it work for you with the seatbelt? I'm worried my daughter is too tall for the harness slots.

2. David.85D

David.85D Member

I have the cybex and it latches in just fine (their boosters connect to the latch anchors so it isn't moving around when not in use), but blocks the buckle, so you have to decide - either an adult climbs in the back each time to help the little guy/gal, or you use a seat belt extender with it. Not crazy about either choice...