Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High back booster seat for model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're going with the clek oobr.
We’ve had Clek Oobrs in our 3 and our Y, and am super positive about them. With white seats I’d put a protector underneath, these things are hefty.
You may also want to get one of those silicone separator hollow block thingies to distance the seatbelt latch receiver from the seat to make it easier to click in.

Reactions: _ayn
Upvote 0
You may also want to get one of those silicone separator hollow block thingies to distance the seatbelt latch receiver from the seat to make it easier to click in.
Glad to hear you love the Oobrs, we're gonna get the new "snow" color to match the white seats. We're still on the Foonf but will get the Oobr when they release the new color. And did you mean a buckle booster like this? https://amzn.to/3aOQHOD

Upvote 0
And did you mean a buckle booster like this? https://amzn.to/3aOQHOD
Yes - not to be pedantic but..Their scientific name is “silicone separator hollow block holder thingie”. Let’s keep nomenclature proper, for science.

We have the white ones too (white frame, fabric is grey or some other color.)
Are you going for white fabric too? It felt bold enough to have white seats *in the car*- white *booster seat* fabric seems to be an invitation… I can see myself taking it out and selling it framed on Sotheby’s, entitled ”Luna’s Expressionist series #7: banana-crayon-chocolate on white canvas”.

• Funny
Reactions: _ayn
Upvote 0
We’ve had Clek Oobrs in our 3 and our Y, and am super positive about them. With white seats I’d put a protector underneath, these things are hefty.
Does a "silicone separator hollow block thingies" aka a buckle booster actually work with the Y?

In my Y, the buckles are recessed into the seat (at least the rear driver's side seat), such that I cannot pull the buckle out to install the buckle booster.

Reactions: blinkme323
Upvote 0
Thank you. And good point on the seat protector and buckle booster!

Upvote 0
Could you please share the link to the seat protector you're using in your model Y? I read in other places that some of these protectors end up covering the buckles so kids can't click themselves in easily.

Upvote 0
Does a "silicone separator hollow block thingies" aka a buckle booster actually work with the Y?

In my Y, the buckles are recessed into the seat (at least the rear driver's side seat), such that I cannot pull the buckle out to install the buckle booster.
Correct. I was thinking of the 3 which jut higher. I’m actually wondering if I can get a high quality 2” Seat belt extension. The potential if undercutting the Tesla safety with an exogenous weak link in the the chain is not appealing.

Upvote 0
Could you please share the link to the seat protector you're using in your model Y? I read in other places that some of these protectors end up covering the buckles so kids can't click themselves in easily.

I linked it but the link gave an error
Let’s try again: seat protector

Brica Elite Seat Guardian Car Seat Protector, 2 Count

Upvote 0
I have 3x Diono Radian 3R that we have been very happy with. Can fit 3 across perfectly (less cup holders).

1621976223098.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0