TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

High Bandwidth?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Jmadhavan, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Jmadhavan

Jmadhavan Member

Of late, on Tunein, some podcasts do not play anymore. A message is displayed that says, "High Bandwidth required. Connect to wifi…" I see this message more and more over the last few weeks. Some of the podcasts that I have listened to earlier including Star Talk, do not play anymore. I called Tesla support and a young lady took my query and left me waiting while she conferred with a colleague (I presume) and then returned with an answer (and this happened numerous times!!) ; which went something like this: Tesla cars cannot play podcasts broadcast at rates greater than 128 mb/s. So nothing can be done about it for now!
    Is there really nothing that can be done?
    Thank you
    Jas

2. wayner

wayner Active Member

That would be kb/s.

3. dvroegop

dvroegop Member

It just won't work. When I have podcasts like this (indeed, with high bitrates) I just use my phone as a hotspot and connect to that for that podcast. Annoying but not a big deal for me....

4. Firewired

Firewired Member

I have found that if I get that message and try repeatedly often it will just "take" one time and start to work and spool the episode.

5. Jmadhavan

Jmadhavan Member

I Agree. I have tried this trick and it has worked a few times. But, if the explanation that the vehicle is not capable of playing high bandwidth then how does this work?

Wayner, Thanks for pointing out that its Kbs. Sorry.