Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Beams -- always turning on after 2020.44.10.1

noshadow

Mar 18, 2020
Berkeley, CA
I never understood how the auto high-beams feature worked. But suddenly, on my usual drive home, my high beams kept coming on and turning off when there were cars.

The only thing I can think of is a couple of recent software updates.

Does the car default to trying to high beam whenever it can? Or did I somehow turn this feature on? I checked, my high beams are not selected to be "on".

Anyone else?

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
My money is on that. Any chance you accidentally pushed the stalk forward?

The stalk always returns to the center position.

2020.44.10 moved the auto high beam control next to the main headlight controls in the quick controls page of the car menu (it used to be a toggle on the light controls page). Blue is auto high beam enabled. White is auto high beam disabled.

• Informative
Reactions: Puma2020

Puma2020

Jun 16, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
I love the auto high beam feature. It pays attention to car approaching you and changes to low almost as quick as I would. However, it doesn't turn to low beam if you are following a car. Not sure if that is distance related or not. Will have to test that out. I know that I've had to select low beams when following a car at times. Once that car is gone, it doesn't go to auto high beams again until I manually put it in high beams first.

• Helpful
Reactions: srlawren

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC