TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

High Bitrate Streaming Capability

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Black/Black MS, Apr 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Black/Black MS

On the order page for the Model S it advertises "High Bitrate Streaming Capability" for the UHF Sound system. Presumably that's for Slacker radio. Is that a new thing, or is that something that works on earlier facelift Model S' with UHFS? If so, how do you enable it?

2. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

I had a 2015 S85D standard audio with Reus upgrade. I don't remember seeing the high bit selector on it. My new S100D with UHFS does have the selector button under the sign in info at the bottom of the Slacker streaming screen. It must be a new addition for UHFS system for Slacker audio

3. scottflys

scottflys Member

You have to have the Premium account and you really can't hear the difference

• Like x 1
  4. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

IMG_0790.jpg

I see what you are taking about. It is an option on my S100D with UHFS:

• Helpful x 1
  5. Jashev

Jashev Supporting Member

If you scroll to the bottom of the slacker screen, there is a checkbox to enable high bit rate streaming.

• Like x 1
  6. Black/Black MS

#6 Black/Black MS, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    Do you need to purchase a premium account to be able to do that? All I see is the sign in option at the bottom of the screen.

Edit: found it. You need to tap the "sign in" button, then it takes you to a log in screen and there's a "high quality bitrate" option on that page. Still unclear to me if that's active if you're not actually signed in to an account.

7. Jashev

Jashev Supporting Member

Not sure myself. Hard to hear the difference. I did find that with the premium account, if my changes don't show in the car, I log out and back in again and everything is there.