Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High CPO prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think what's going on, is similar to Q4 2017, with a slight difference. For those that have been watching for the past 6 months, you will recall that CPO inventory completely dried up in mid-November. At about that time, they released bunches of new inventory 75 RWD's (Remember all of the black ones in Birmingham, AL?). Then Q1 2018 hit, and around January 3rd, there was 200+ CPO cars released on the same day, and there was a CPO buying frenzy (there were some rad deals in the mix). Earlier this week, there was around 200 new inventory cars released (after being near zero for Jan / Feb).

I think the same thing is going on now. Instead of pulling the CPO cars, they just mark them high. If they get a sale or two, great. People comparing CPO vs. New will be driven to new for a few thousand more dollars. I would expect things to flip-flop again when Q2 2018 hits.

Reactions: BinaryField
The other prices being posted are high, but working with an OA you can definitely buy a 2014 S85 w/ AP1 for less than $50k even if they are posted for $60k on their website, and thats with the 4 years / 50k warranty.

Which OA are you dealing with? I've been in touch with one about exactly the car you describe and haven't found anything even close to that in over a month.

A girl at work has been looking recently and said the CPO prices are so high she might as well buy new,, Mission Accomplished Tesla.
I told her what I paid for my P85 last August and she was jealous so she'll most likely get a new car and I'll get my first referral..

Pretty frustrated unable to make a decision. My preference is Model S85+ with AP, but none of the CPOs make sense. And I need a car in about 6 to 8 weeks max. May end up pulling the trigger on Model 3 in a week.

A P85+ with AP is called a "unicorn" for a reason. There's only like 300 of those in existence. I think it's because dual motor and AP came out at the same time, so there's only short window of a few months in late 2014 when they were building P85s with AP1 hardware but no front motor.

You'd probably be better off with a 2015-2016 S85/90 and then adding in some suspension mods. If you really want to go fast get a P85D.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant to say 85 battery size or higher. Not interested in the 75, 70 or 60s battery.

Why not a 75 or a 70?

I can understand a 60 charges pretty slowly but the difference between the 75 and the 85 is like 20 miles of range. And it's the 20 miles you'll use the least. A 75D is within 4 miles of range.

Big frunk would be nice though. I'm sad they ditched that for the facelift cars. Maybe someday someone will make a retrofit for the few RWD facelift cars out there.

I can understand people's frustrations. Right now if you want to make the jump to Tesla you can either get in the back of a very long line for a model 3, or pay a rather high price for a used S

Last edited:
CPO prices are so high so Tesla can convince you to buy new!;)...........but now that I have put more thought into it, it makes no sense for them to put CPO’s and no one buys them only to buy new (if that makes any sense) On an off topic note I found this Silver 2013 P85+ for $29,000 has 70,551 miles and is located in Raleigh, NC looks like it has most option except Pano. https://www.autolist.com/listings/5...rce=iOS&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=vdp-share

CPO prices are so high so Tesla can convince you to buy new!;)...........but now that I have put more thought into it, it makes no sense for them to put CPO’s and no one buys them only to buy new (if that makes any sense) On an off topic note I found this Silver 2013 P85+ for $29,000 has 70,551 miles and is located in Raleigh, NC looks like it has most option except Pano. https://www.autolist.com/listings/5...rce=iOS&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=vdp-share

Watch out for those fake to-good-to-be-true ads. So many of them out there. Look familiar? :)

68,551 Mile, 7 Seat, Gps Hd F/r Dash Cam Free Supercharger For Life Of Car - Used Tesla Model S for sale in Laguna Beach, California | autoquid.com
2013 Tesla Model S P85+ Performance Plus | eBay

Anyone wants my MS? Convince me to sell my 2016 facelift (Sept 2016 build, 160XXX) MS 75D. Uncorked. 22K miles. California car - never seen snow or extreme cold. Ultra white with black leather interior. 80% charge shows 200miles (250mile at 100% SOC). Have supercharged perhaps 8-10 times total. Home garaged and plugged in every night. AP1.0. No-PUP, but have added the factory HEPA filter. Subzero package, Sunroof. Black leather (light premium headliner). Standard audio (not premium). Torklift hidden hitch, satin black 19in wheels. One incident - windows broken to steal trunk content. Full front paint protection application, and rear bumper protection. lifetime consumption: 292kwh (exact EPA rating).

I think I can switch from MS to M3 - and get my wife a MX later. One big/family and one small EV is a good combo I am thinking. How much would you offer for my car? PM me if interested. Quite happy with the car - somewhat open to downsizing...

• Informative
Reactions: 303JeffB
Anyone wants my MS? Convince me to sell my 2016 facelift (Sept 2016 build, 160XXX) MS 75D. Uncorked. 22K miles. California car - never seen snow or extreme cold. Ultra white with black leather interior. 80% charge shows 200miles (250mile at 100% SOC). Have supercharged perhaps 8-10 times total. Home garaged and plugged in every night. AP1.0. No-PUP, but have added the factory HEPA filter. Subzero package, Sunroof. Black leather (light premium headliner). Standard audio (not premium). Torklift hidden hitch, satin black 19in wheels. One incident - windows broken to steal trunk content. Full front paint protection application, and rear bumper protection. lifetime consumption: 292kwh (exact EPA rating).

I think I can switch from MS to M3 - and get my wife a MX later. One big/family and one small EV is a good combo I am thinking. How much would you offer for my car? PM me if interested. Quite happy with the car - somewhat open to downsizing...

PM me your price.

I picked up my 42k mile 2014 P85D+ with hi-fi, panoramic roof, 21" wheels, air sus, AP1, dual charger for $71,900 a couple weeks back... Not a bad deal but nothing too exciting. I was given a loaner last weekend while Tesla did some superficial cosmetic fixes. 2015 70D. I almost bought one just like it when I was looking for my car. Im glad I paid for the extra performance. Its off the line where you can really feel the difference, and suspension was not so great...

I picked up my 42k mile 2014 P85D+ with hi-fi, panoramic roof, 21" wheels, air sus, AP1, dual charger for $71,900 a couple weeks back... Not a bad deal but nothing too exciting. I was given a loaner last weekend while Tesla did some superficial cosmetic fixes. 2015 70D. I almost bought one just like it when I was looking for my car. Im glad I paid for the extra performance. Its off the line where you can really feel the difference, and suspension was not so great...
Fantastic deal, did you source the car theough a cpo advisor or online yourself?

Fantastic deal, did you source the car theough a cpo advisor or online yourself?
I went through a CPO adviser who found the car in their inventory before it hit the website. I was about to pull the trigger on a fairly loaded 2013 P85 with AP1 for $65k but when he told me about my P85D, I figured it would be worth the extra $7k even though it was over my mental limit for budget.

After I got my car, I ended up trading the 21" wheels for base 19" wheels + $550 cash and he paid for the install. I gave him a good deal... Anyways, the dude recently got into a 55k mile CPO 2013 S60 with hi-fi, textile seats, everything else was base. He only paid $34,500 for it. Its the 13th cheapest car ever sold on the ev-cpo website. He told me that he waited around for a couple months to find the right deal then pounced on it within minutes of going live. Had the email notifications from the CPO website which really helped him.