Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High CPO prices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, can’t argue with the market but I can avoid (what I consider to be) over-paying.
Absolutely. The power of free market! :) If there are a lot more people like you with similar valuation of cars, that gives CPO prices an extra safeguard from falling too far - as soon as they fall just enough to hit your price range, all the people in your price range will buy, therefore keeping the price from falling further.

It's a crazy time to buy a CPO car with the current prices. From what I've seen, they are literally increasing the price of cars that have not sold at the current price by over $10K. It's like the cars are not selling because they are too cheap o_O

I know I saw that today. It is nuts. Maybe they added some "options" I didnt drill down. I am looking for Red on Tan 85 and nothing. I miissed the boat awhile back and bought a Volt, been happy with it but would really prefer a Tesla.

You know they are taking in 85s as trades probably every day given lease turnovers and customers upgrading but they are not listing those cars for whatever reason.

They seem to be stockpiling CPO cars for whatever reason.

What I think they should do is create 4 or 5 CPO distribution centers across the country where all the CPO cars are conditioned and available for purchase. You then go there, look at the cars, pay them, and drive it back home or make delivery arrangements.This way they can really streamline the CPO process in a few locations and do it really well while offering customers a predictable experience.

It would be a lot more cost effective for Tesla to fix minor issues using mobile service technicians than full fledged service center visits with loaner cars.
Perhaps, although Rangers do have costs of their own. I do appreciate the Rangers since I live 300 miles from the nearest Service Center.

Even for those close to a Service Center the convenience of what you suggest would add a lot to owner satisfaction.

You know they are taking in 85s as trades probably every day given lease turnovers and customers upgrading but they are not listing those cars for whatever reason.

They only delivered 1150 cars in February, say 575 leased cars, of those 300 85's? Those delivered in March end their lease term in March found out in February that if they order new they won't get a new car till June, so many likely extended their lease by up to 6 months so they don't have to drive a rental car for 2 months.

Model S Sales 2015.jpg

If you think that is funny, how about this S60 for $75,600 :eek:

It's for the customer who has enough money to buy a 2018 75D but absolutely refuse a a car with a larger battery, that is faster, has AWD, AP2.5, and better build quality :p For such customers, Tesla has the CPO program :D

VdthwA.jpg
Why would I buy a car with a bigger battery for lesser price, than a CPO with a small (est) battery with little options? Its a no brainer.

Why would I buy a car with a bigger battery for lesser price, than a CPO with a small (est) battery with little options? Its a no brainer.

1) you don't know better
2) you need a car NOW, cheapest inventory car is $12k more (but a way better value of course)

I can't think of much else. Maybe people are exporting them to LATAM so they don't qualify for the tax credit on a new car but really, I don't think anyone is buying these things.