Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High current 12V outlet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Behind the nose are terminals that attach to the 12v battery. If the car is on you should be able to pull all the power you want for charging RC batteries. This battery is kept at full charge by the 85kw traction battery when the car is on.

The only way for the car to be on is to have the fob remain in range or once the car is on have someone stay seated in the driver seat. Hopefully the remote app will let us turn the car on when we are not in range. I found out about driving the car with no fob when service took the car and I backed it down my long driveway for the techs and he had the key. It gave me a warning that the car would not restart because the key was not present.

Behind the nose are terminals that attach to the 12v battery. If the car is on you should be able to pull all the power you want for charging RC batteries. This battery is kept at full charge by the 85kw traction battery when the car is on.

I'm getting a lesson on this right now! I can tell you the nose cone is easy to pop off and on and that the 12V battery is charged at 15V.

Trying to figure out an easy mod to get easier access to the terminals, but no good ideas right now. It would be nice to put the nose on a hinge and be able to more easily fold down for access.

The accessory power port (looks like a cigarette lighter socket) next to the USB ports is 12V fused at 15 amps, which is pretty high power.

I believe you can keep the car on by putting it in neutral and applying the parking brake from the touch screen.

I'm getting a lesson on this right now! I can tell you the nose cone is easy to pop off and on and that the 12V battery is charged at 15V.

Trying to figure out an easy mod to get easier access to the terminals, but no good ideas right now. It would be nice to put the nose on a hinge and be able to more easily fold down for access.

Definitely would like some details on how to do this. My Fastrak toll responder is currently 3 for 7 in beeping through the tolls through the windshield. Hoping a nosecone mounted responder will work better.

Definitely would like some details on how to do this. My Fastrak toll responder is currently 3 for 7 in beeping through the tolls through the windshield. Hoping a nosecone mounted responder will work better.

I'll give details and pics in an upcoming thread, but basically it pops off with a flathead screwdriver or similar tool. There is a flat on the upper inside of the cone that I believe is the perfect size for our toll tags. I plan to mount mine in there.