TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

High-Five to the 2.52.22 Update

Discussion in 'Model S' started by boonedocks, Jan 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

I wanted to post a positive post giving Tesla's software team a High-Five for the latest FW update 2.52.22

I was very vocal with several threads about the .114 update that butchered several features of A/P. With the latest update we now have our:

+(5) mph setting back with AutoSteer
    (5)0 50 mph slowdown on the expressway AFTER having already past a parked car on the freeway GONE
    (5) band equalizer sliders now stay set to your settings.

The three 5's deserver a HIGH-FIVE!!!!

Thank you Tesla for listening to owners and emails and voicemails with our concerns.

• Like x 30
    • Informative x 5
    • Love x 3
  2. Max*

Max* Not Banned

I think I'm installing this now...

• Like x 2
  3. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

We've definitely crossed into the Twilight Zone if an update deserves any kudos at all for correcting a boneheaded bug that never should have existed in the first place, one that should have been caught by even the most basic of software testing, and for returning functionality that was stupidly removed. That's like rewarding a D student with a "most improved award" for getting a B while ignoring all of the A students.

• Disagree x 20
    • Like x 15
    • Funny x 3
  4. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

#4 boonedocks, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Well Tesla could have considered what you refer to as a "boneheaded bug" as a necessary "safety law abiding feature" as we move closer to full autonomy and left it in place and made us live with it but they didn't so I am still offering a High-Five for listening and responding.

• Like x 10
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  5. hmmm

hmmm Member

Zing!

• Disagree x 1
  6. Lightmatrix

Lightmatrix Member

Woohoo! Thanks Tesla!

• Like x 1
  7. Max*

Max* Not Banned

While I agree with you, in general, those bugs should not have been there in the first place.

Not only that, those bugs were there (presets not sticking is not new. rear thump sound is not new), then they were fixed (presets started sticking, rear thump went away), and then they were BOTH brought back. I'm glad this update fixed one of them, we'll see about the other one.

Tesla needs the QA/QC team to improve. And I don't even blame them, if someone higher up says "we're releasing this tomorrow, and I don't care if you don't have time to test it", it's not that particular teams fault. But there is a problem somewhere in the chain.

With that being said, there is no need to not be happy that they got around to fixing it. It's a small win, but it's a win nonetheless.

8. singleview

singleview Member

Agreed - looking forward to installing the update tonight (I was out of town). Having come to the world of Teslas from the primitive world of ICE cars, the responsiveness from Tesla is admirable.

PS: Is there a place I can go to to see "What is New" in any given update? I saw this, but did not find the info useful: Software updates.

9. Max*

Max* Not Banned

Nope, that would be asking too much ;).

10. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

+5 mph AP and persistent equalizer settings confirmed. Finally downloaded the update after refusing the past few :)

Ludi+ was icing on the cake!

• Like x 2
  11. Pezpunk

Pezpunk Member

i'd love to know who the "A" students are in this analogy. compared to Tesla, every other carmaker is riding the short bus from my perspective.

• Like x 17
    • Funny x 10
    • Helpful x 1
  12. rpo

rpo Member

My equalizer settings are still going all over the place each time I get back in the car on 2.52.22. UGH. I can confirm the 5 MPH over is back though!

• Informative x 1
  13. singleview

singleview Member

That's too bad... a "What's new" would be so informative. I like surprises, but I (as I am sure many other Tesla owners) are enthusiastic, data loving folks who like to dig deeper. A simple list somewhere online would be so awesome.

• Like x 2
  14. steve841

steve841 Active Member

I've found Bluetooth to be a bit freaky ... wouldnt load contacts at one point, then another would not play media from phone.

So far, a re pairing seems to have solved it.

15. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I installed it a few hours ago and can confirm the +5 is back. I haven't had the opportunity to check equalizer behavior, however.

16. Drone Flyer

Drone Flyer Member

In Canada, I'm told as I havent checked yet, that we only get 5 km/hr increase which is about 3 mph. Looks like we got shafted. Lol!
    It should be 8 km/r here to coincide with 5 mph.
    Perhaps there will be a fix soon!

17. Jlwine

Jlwine Member

Here are the Released Notes--not very detailed.. I can confirm the +5 is back and seems like less nagging as well in my limited test.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  18. Max*

Max* Not Banned

Those are general release notes which came with the previous update as well. Tesla is not very good at giving out specific release notes for each incremental update.

19. singleview

singleview Member

Wish they were more detailed! I saw the same notes from the previous update. I believe this may be an update to the update. o_O But again, that's probably why we are all saying that if we had the "What's new" notes, it would be awesome.

• Like x 1
  20. delaughterdo

delaughterdo Member

Changelog would be nice

• Like x 2