Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Gear Media: Roadster Sport dislikes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought it was a very fair review as well. On the storage issue, it should be pointed out that the trunk space is much better than the Elise it's based on. I'm not sure you can even fit a small briefcase in the Elise's trunk.

Yes, a fair review, but in a Roadster of any sort, shouldn't one exepect the minor quibbles of a lack of storage space, no power steering, and the overall cost of the vehicle?

They were bang on about the J1771 issue though...

I don't see why Tesla couldn't have started delivering the Roadster 2.5s with J1772 and then had it as a paid upgrade for earlier cars. I guess they are running a tight ship and didn't want to divert any resources. Hopefully they'll look into it at some point but I agree, valid point in the review.

#4 and #5 of the dislikes are effectively the same (they charge for the UMC and they charge too much for the car).

But, that's OK - it's clear they're having to stretch to find things they don't like.

I would have added that looking cool while getting in and out of the car is hard. One of my neighbors is a part-time ballerina, and she literally floats out of the car. I'll have to get a video of that to share someday....

Overall the videos seemed fair to me.

The cost of the Roadster really isn't something that should be complained about as it was designed as an attention-getting sports car to bring attention to Tesla and EVs in general. I think having to buy the J1772 adapter is a valid complaint, though.